DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wi-Fi extenders

I checked Yagi and reflectors with power meter.
If my experiment was correct Yagi is little bit effectively than reflectors. ANd there is no point to use them both at the same time. Effectiveness become lower.
That was not scientist experiment. I just take power meter, fix it on my table, and tried to put yagi/reflectors onto transmitter antenna. The distance between end of yagi and antenna without yagi was the same. POwer meter shows about 0.40 mW without yagi and about 0.80 when I put it on.

Last edited:
I checked Yagi and reflectors with power meter.
If my experiment was correct Yagi is little bit effectively than reflectors. ANd there is no point to use them both at the same time. Effectiveness become lower.
That was not scientist experiment. I just take power meter, fix it on my table, and tried to put yagi/reflectors onto transmitter antenna. The distance between end of yagi and antenna without yagi was the same. POwer meter shows about 0.40 mW without yagi and about 0.80 when I put it on.
Did you test 2.4 or 5.8 GHz?

Here is what I got, from what I understand this is a pretty simple deal and they all work about the same, which is actually pretty well.

I also REALLY recommend a sun shield, I think it's more of a must-have than the wifi extender.

I too love the sun shield. I found one much cheaper that I like a lot. Just no texture like yours. Rantow Sun Shield

I found this experiment interesting:

Here are the translated results.
Help you summarize the key points:
1. DJI original antenna: -30 ~ -32 dB
2. Install <reflector>: -26 ~ -28 dB
3. Install <Yagi Antenna>: -28 ~ -30 dB

I have to assume by these numbers that the lower the number the better the signal? The "reflector" was the cup like style rather than the open style reflector. Is that the winner ofer the Yagi?

Here are the translated results.
Help you summarize the key points:
1. DJI original antenna: -30 ~ -32 dB
2. Install <reflector>: -26 ~ -28 dB
3. Install <Yagi Antenna>: -28 ~ -30 dB

I have to assume by these numbers that the lower the number the better the signal? The "reflector" was the cup like style rather than the open style reflector. Is that the winner ofer the Yagi?
You are wrong,
Yagi -27 - -29

In fact i checked them both with power meter and I discovered that yagi is better. It is possible that my power meter is not correct but this chinese test shows that they are approximately equal .

Yes, the Chinese test shows that yagi is approximately equal to reflector, however reflector seems to be a bit better in that particular test.
Best gain has a custom directional antenna. I bought that one, unfortunately I bricked my RC while trying to install it.

What kind of power meter do you have?

Yes, the Chinese test shows that yagi is approximately equal to reflector, however reflector seems to be a bit better in that particular test.
Best gain has a custom directional antenna. I bought that one, unfortunately I bricked my RC while trying to install it.

What kind of power meter do you have?
I don't think so because I don't know what kind of devices they are using. If the device with the screen on the left side is receiver than he should fix the distance from antenna and receiver. I think that this difference is the fault of this measurements.
I have power meter made of AD8319 amplifier with arduino leonardo to show the values. It is like ImmersionRC but It can be wrong too :)

You are wrong,
Yagi -27 - -29

In fact i checked them both with power meter and I discovered that yagi is better. It is possible that my power meter is not correct but this chinese test shows that they are approximately equal .

Don't shoot the messenger... I was only translating from the Chinese. I don't even know how to interpret the data :0... Which are better, higher numbers or lower numbers???

I'm glad that you did the tests as I would be inclined to buy the Yagi. Can you provide your test information.?

Don't shoot the messenger... I was only translating from the Chinese. I don't even know how to interpret the data :0... Which are better, higher numbers or lower numbers???

I'm glad that you did the tests as I would be inclined to buy the Yagi. Can you provide your test information.?
I meant that you are specified wrong data about yagi.

Interesting, could you provide details how to build one?

I have a Chinese power meter.
It is expertRC power meter.
I bought it but it is open project and I've alredy modify its firmware because its written ugly. I think it is should not be sold because it has a lot of mistakes in it's code and I really doubt it shows true values.
You can buy this Amplifier Screen Arduino
Connect it together and use expertRC firmware, but you should calibrate it with something external power meter.

Last edited:
I meant that you are specified wrong data about yagi.
Я перевел описание из заметок видео. Я не сделал больше, чем это.

Я перевел описание из заметок видео. Я не сделал больше, чем это.
You wrote that 3. Install <Yagi Antenna>: -28 ~ -30 dB but in summary table at the end of the video they show Yagi -27 - -29. It little bit closer to reflectors. I meant exactly that.

You wrote that 3. Install <Yagi Antenna>: -28 ~ -30 dB but in summary table at the end of the video they show Yagi -27 - -29. It little bit closer to reflectors. I meant exactly that.
I'm not sure why you don't understand... I quoted the Chinese anaylst as he typed it in Chinese. In other words, I was merely an interpreter as the information was not provided in English, Russian or any other language.

I'm not sure why you don't understand... I quoted the Chinese anaylst as he typed it in Chinese. In other words, I was merely an interpreter as the information was not provided in English, Russian or any other language.
Yagi power was specified twice in that video. After measurement and at the end in a summary table. You should better use the last data from that table. If we are using for comparing first result it will show reflectors are better, but in fact they don't.
Actually It doesn't matter. Sry, my english is poor :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake