DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wide panorama problem

Hi,

After sending some emails to DJI Support, they told me that this is not an Issue.

The Wide Angle mode simulates Wide Angle lenses. That's why this strange Gimbal behavior occurs.

It sounds strange, but makes sense, because it do not occurs on the other larger panoramic modes like the 180 degree. If it was a hardware issue it should also affects the other panoramic modes.

Regards,
Marcio
Most of the time, when DJI wants you to send the drone in for evaluation, it's solely because the tech doesn't understand the issue, and the drone is actually working as designed, even if you don't agree with how it should work, or it is a known FW bug that sending it in can't fix. Glad you didn't have to send it in, only to be told the same thing as you were finally told in the emails!

Most of the time, when DJI wants you to send the drone in for evaluation, it's solely because the tech doesn't understand the issue, and the drone is actually working as designed, even if you don't agree with how it should work, or it is a known FW bug that sending it in can't fix. Glad you didn't have to send it in, only to be told the same thing as you were finally told in the emails!

I totally agree to you!

I noticed that the person who answered my emails did not understand the subject very well.

Only after insisting, she escalated to the engineering team who replied that it was not a technical problem, but a common behavior.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If you have access to Photoshop you could merge the raw files into a single image and then use the Warp feature to straighten the tilted horizon: Select image then Edit>Transform>Warp. Place cursor (may look like black arrowhead when on warpable portion of window) near section of horizon you wish to straighten and move it up or down to get the effect you want. Lots of flexibility to the Warp feature & you can find explanations via Google.

I think it is also possible to combine the merge of raw files with the warping at the same time, but I've forgotten how to do that.

I think the apparent fault of the drone camera is actually a design feature that makes it easier for the DJI merging done to produce the immediately available jpg image, but that's a wild guess on my part.

Howard

I think the apparent fault of the drone camera is actually a design feature that makes it easier for the DJI merging done to produce the immediately available jpg image, but that's a wild guess on my part.

Howard
It's done that way solely by design to create a fish eye effect. DJI has no problem shooting and stitching other images together immediately for a rectilinear result, such as a 180° or a 360° pano, where the latter requires shooting and stitching 26 images together and cloning in a ceiling, all in less than 60 seconds, during flight!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78