DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wierd Crash...what happened and what to do?

This incident was caused by an abrupt loss of power. Instead of looking at battery, which is slow, motorVolts data is used. At the very end of the recorded .DAT motorVolts drops from 11.7 volts to about half that.
View attachment 21175

It would seem that reason for the abrupt power loss is either a battery that wasn't seated properly or a battery failure. The .DAT can't really distinguish between these.

I'm a good guesser. You should see me at a Magic show

Reactions: Budge
How do I start the process of returning the Mavic? Is it different for warranty vs. DJI Care?

I don't want to void my warranty or my DJI Care Refresh. Otherwise I would repair this myself.

I don't know how they would know if it's done professionally.

Just saying. The refresh isn't worth much unless you run it into a wall. But that's my opinion.

Anyway, good luck brother!

I read back a couple in this thread and saw where someone forgot to remove the gimbal cover. I did it a couple of times when I was first learning and then I gave up trying to remember it and I got an 8" by 1/2" red ribbon and tied it to the gimbal cover. Now when I am prepping for a flight I know immediately if the cover is still in place. Works great. SARrider.

My battery went from 20% to 11% to zero in 2 seconds and then the MP dropped straight to the ground. Luckily, it was only 2 feet from ground and landed on my grass lawn. Not sure what happened there. I would never fly below 20%, but since it was only a few feet from me while trying to practice a RTH, I decided to land with 20%, then it happened...

[QUOBattery seating from my own experience was your problem ,easily done.As for Warren DJI care ,If the ribbon is your only problem ,and u want to not void "Care" ,they will fix it Free of charge even if at fault. They Only replace and Charge you if your own Mavic is Terminal. .
TE="Budge, post: 291186, member: 30440"]Hi. So I had my first crash today after a couple of dozen flights over the last 6 weeks since getting my Mavic. I have some good experience building and flying drones over the last 3 years, but I am VERY conservative with the Mavic. I was flying on a deserted golf course below the height of the tree tops and well within LOS. I was bringing the drone directly back to me (forward flight) while descending in Cinematic Mode. Then the props stopped spinning and the Mavic just fell out of the sky. The Mavic seems fine, which I confirmed with a short flight. But the gimble ribbon cable is cut (I think) and I'm getting a gimble motor overload error. I'll attach an image of the cable.

So two things: What happened to cause the failure, and what do I do about the ribbon cable? I'll post a link to my Flight Data. And I'd like to fix my ribbon cable without using my DJI Care if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

View media item 1205[/QUOTE]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR