DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a "skin" reduce bird attraction?

treehouse1441

Reactions
Flew my Mavic for the first time today and was overwhelmed by how close birds got to it. Scared me to death knowing I could lose $1000 in a second just like that. So will it help? Also, what color do you think would be best?

Next time the birds are attracted to your mavic, turn off vps and see if that improves things.

It is nerve wracking when birds such as hawks start stalking the Mavic. I have a 3M brushed aluminum skin on mine and it didn't seem to help today. A single hawk was trying to come up from behind while the MP was hovering at about 300' AGL. As soon as it came around for round 2, I immediately went up to max altitude and booked it back home.

Perhaps a different type of skin with some sort of face may make a difference.

I was trying to get some footage of my uncles shop a couple days ago when my MP spooked a bunch of pigeons that were on the roof.

They kept circling around way to close, so I bailed cause I'm sure one would try to attack

Flew my Mavic for the first time today and was overwhelmed by how close birds got to it. Scared me to death knowing I could lose $1000 in a second just like that. So will it help? Also, what color do you think would be best?

Yes, this one cover got me free of those annoying birds! It's mainly robins, crows and pigeons here, so I dunno about seagulls, which I've read many times about
Mavic Skin – Taxi

I'm going with a lime green skin for this reason. The Mavic definitely brings out the critters. Birds, dragon flies, bees, etc.

Raptors will be attracted to the quadcopter, especially during breeding season. It won't matter what color the Mavic is. My tactic when a raptor starts stalking my Mavic or Phantom is to gain altitude quickly then fly away from the bird. Most birds won't be able to match the Mavic's climb rate, except maybe a hummingbird. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada