DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will DJI sell the Mavic 3 Pro with the stock RC?

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
Does anyone think that DJI will sell the Mavic 3 with the normal RC that you usually get with the Mavic 3/Air 2/Mini2 series? Thinking of purchasing but would prefer getting the normal controller instead of paying extra for the DJI RC.

Does anyone think that DJI will sell the Mavic 3 with the normal RC that you usually get with the Mavic 3/Air 2/Mini2 series? Thinking of purchasing but would prefer getting the normal controller instead of paying extra for the DJI RC.
Yes.
DJI has a history of selling their drones ONLY WITH controllers initially and once the demand has waned, selling them without controllers.

I understand, RC-N1 remotes are inexpensive ($100 or less new). I’ll probably use mine from A2 if an M3 in my future. It does what I need.

Reactions: BSauce955
Maybe they will, maybe not.
They aren't selling them together at the moment.
But it should be easy to buy a used RC-N1 controller cheaply to use with a tablet and get a bigger screen view than with DJI's RC controllers.
Then sell the RC controller to recoup a few $$.
That's what I'm doing.

Maybe they will, maybe not.
They aren't selling them together at the moment.
But it should be easy to buy a used RC-N1 controller cheaply to use with a tablet and get a bigger screen view than with DJI's RC controllers.
Then sell the RC controller to recoup a few $$.
That's what I'm doing.
That's a great solution where the second scroll wheel for zoom on either the DJI RC or RC Pro isn't needed, which would only apply to still photographers such as yourself who never use digital zoom.

For anyone else planning to shoot video using any amount of digital zoom, simultaneous control over the gimbal and zoom is necessary to keep the subject centered. Using a finger for the zoom on the screen precludes any simultaneous cinematic movements requiring both hands on the sticks, and will never be as smooth as a scroll wheel. One also can't switch between cameras in Normal mode video without stopping and restarting the recording, and changing cameras in Normal mode requires touching the screen on the RC-N1, while it can be assigned to a button on the RC Pro.

Using the Explore mode for video absolutely requires two scroll wheels to keep the subject centered.

However, I like my 12.9” iPad Pro, and still keep the RC-N1 around for stills!
For the RC Pro, when a larger screen is desired, I have a 10” FeelWorld external monitor, but it is very heavy because it requires separate batteries, and the LifThor mount itself weighs a ton!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming