DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro cine, but with the DJI RC?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Hey guys, I know DJI don't technically have this option available and basically force you into buying/using a massively expensive controller (which infuriates me), not to mention a bag I don't want, and extra batteries and filters I may or may not need, but:

1. Is it possible to fly the Cine with just the DJI RC? Is the actual drone compromised in any way? (Ocysnc type, range, ability to film with ProRes etc. And yes, I know the screen is dimmer, but I'd rather buy a hood and save a small fortune than worry about that).

2. Is it possible to buy/acquire a Cine (airframe only) without a Remote so I could use a DJI RC?

I believe the aftermarket and the 3rd party market is pretty robust at this point (when it comes to drones) and you should be able to pull together exactly what you need with little or no effort. Maybe not at ideal prices so you probably won't benefit for the standard discounts when you shop at the manufacturer and 1st tier merchants but electronics do depreciate over the years and the Mavic 3 Pro has been out long enough you should be able to find a suitable deal when it comes to used or refurbished equipment.

Well, my Droner infuriated friend, the RC Pro is the best controller option for that bird. It has the signal range that you need and all the settings to change and customize to your flight needs. As far as the batteries, you will need all that you can have. I suggest a minimum of 4, 6 are better. As far as the filters, you would need them for sunny days and all other situations you might need a higher filter. A case is better, I personally never used the bag. You can sell it on Mercari, Ebay offer up. No other controller or any phone RN1 works with it of there is no reason to use your phone with it. That is old-school. You can always can go back to a P4 or a Mavic 2Pro or even a Air 2S. Perhaps you aren't ready for new tech. You are old school I get it. I'm 60 and I like my old junk!

Well, my Droner infuriated friend, the RC Pro is the best controller option for that bird. It has the signal range that you need and all the settings to change and customize to your flight needs. As far as the batteries, you will need all that you can have. I suggest a minimum of 4, 6 are better. As far as the filters, you would need them for sunny days and all other situations you might need a higher filter. A case is better, I personally never used the bag. You can sell it on Mercari, Ebay offer up. No other controller or any phone RN1 works with it of there is no reason to use your phone with it. That is old-school. You can always can go back to a P4 or a Mavic 2Pro or even a Air 2S. Perhaps you aren't ready for new tech. You are old school I get it. I'm 60 and I like my old junk!
RC-N1 should still work with the Mavic 2 Pro Cine, as it still works with the Mavic 3 Pro. For still shooters, it allows use of a larger iPad and the superior Google Maps on iOS. Video shooters using any zoom will need the RC Pro or RC for the second scroll wheel, so zoom and gimbal control can be accessed simultaneously with the second scroll wheel, which is missing from the RC-N1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas