DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will I pad Mini 4 fit with M2P controller?

1588354436691.png

Reactions: pelagic_one
Short answer: yes!
It is the minimum.
May run warm, needs to be clean to stream the 1080 video.
Mini 5 is a better choice.
I have retired my 4 to use a 5, much more stable, and GPS can be helpful, so if possible buy an unlocked cell version.
Cell service is not necessary

Short answer: yes!
It is the minimum.
May run warm, needs to be clean to stream the 1080 video.
Mini 5 is a better choice.
I have retired my 4 to use a 5, much more stable, and GPS can be helpful, so if possible buy an unlocked cell version.
Cell service is not necessary
Thanks for your tip. I just migrated from the M1P to the M2P and plan on using the Ipad Mini 4 (cellular capable) and haven't yet made a flight. So, if I encounter issues, I will be equipped with your experience of the hardware. The Ipad Mini 4 worked great with the M1P.

Hey guys what are you thinking about this new controller for mavic air 2? For me it is sad that on previous models: mavic pro, mavic air and mavic 2 series we could place ipad mini directly into controller but now it is impossible. Hope that mavic 3 series will have different type of controller then mavic air 2.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: tesohn
Hey guys what are you thinking about this new controller for mavic air 2? For me it is sad that on previous models: mavic pro, mavic air and mavic 2 series we could place ipad mini directly into controller but now it is impossible. Hope that mavic 3 series will have different type of controller then mavic air 2.

That controller not holding my iPad mini 5 was a deal breaker for me. I have a spark and am thinking of upgrading. I had been waiting for the air 2 and all the specs sound great but not holding my iPad was a big deal. I know there will be 3rd party mounts but I tried one for the spark with a bigger iPad and it was hard to work with. I might upgrade to an M2P. Or wait to see if there's an m3p soon. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: MGVision and tesohn
That controller not holding my iPad mini 5 was a deal breaker for me. I have a spark and am thinking of upgrading. I had been waiting for the air 2 and all the specs sound great but not holding my iPad was a big deal. I know there will be 3rd party mounts but I tried one for the spark with a bigger iPad and it was hard to work with. I might upgrade to an M2P. Or wait to see if there's an m3p soon. What are your thoughts?
I like m3p option.

I use a third party mount for my Ipad mini 4th gen cellular model with my M2P and it works fine. I prefer using a mount. Had my first flight with the M2P the other day and it was great. Hope to fly again today.

I'd use a mini 5. the 4's processor is pretty old. We use some of 'em in the field with I2/x7's and we have a lot of issues with them, overloaded cpu errors, massive lag and so forth. plus, they overheat.

I have had problems in the past with the iPad 4 I would always get CPU overload. iPad 4 has the A 8 chip were the iPad 5 has the A 12 chip much faster. Never had a problem ever cents.

Reactions: SCCooper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB