DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

will mavic mini work with a apple Ipad4

I just purchased an apple Ipad4, will the dji fly app work with the mavic mini with this Ipad ?
I hope I didn't waste my money.
You are absolutely good to go sir. It will work fine and is highly recommended!;)

You are absolutely good to go sir. It will work fine and is highly recommended!;)
Highly recommended? The 4th gen iPad came out in 2012 and isn't compatible with the newer iOSes because it's 32 bit. From what I can tell it barely makes the cut in terms of hardware specs.

Reactions: Draper
Highly recommended? The 4th gen iPad came out in 2012 and isn't compatible with the newer iOSes because it's 32 bit. From what I can tell it barely makes the cut in terms of hardware specs.
I thought the OP was referring to the Ipad Mini 4! I retract my post!. Misread! ;) Thanks!

Reactions: Unknown Pilot
I just purchased an apple Ipad4, will the dji fly app work with the mavic mini with this Ipad ?
I hope I didn't waste my money.
Yes I have one. And you don’t need cell service. Just download map of your area.
Actually works as good as my iPhone with cellular.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Well that’s pretty interesting because my iPad Mini 3 is at iPadOS 13 which is far as I know is the latest version of iPadOS.
The only reason I replaced my iPad mini 2 was because I wanted GPS so I picked up a cellular version iPad 3.While my iPad 2 is stuck on iOS 12 it’s still flies perfectly and they still do updates for 12.
For what it’s worth iPad 2 was the last 32 bit iPad mini.
I don’t think I’d go for an iPad mini 1. I only paid like $150 for a mini three with cellular.

Well that’s pretty interesting because my iPad Mini 3 is at iPadOS 13 which is far as I know is the latest version of iPadOS.
The only reason I replaced my iPad mini 2 was because I wanted GPS so I picked up a cellular version iPad 3.While my iPad 2 is stuck on iOS 12 it’s still flies perfectly and they still do updates for 12.
For what it’s worth iPad 2 was the last 32 bit iPad mini.
I don’t think I’d go for an iPad mini 1. I only paid like $150 for a mini three with cellular.
True, but we're talking about the iPad 4, not the iPad Mini 4.

In an earlier post you said you had an iPad Mini? Do you have both?
I do have an iPad mini, and I am using it on another drone I have, the mini that I have works fine with another drone that I have, I just purchased this mavic mini and would have liked to have an iPad that I could use with it, I didn't want to keep swamping back and forth between drones, that's why I bought this ipad4 , (it's "NOT' a mini), it's 9.7 full sized iPad, an earlier model, I think the problem is, as I have just found out now the ipad4 is a 32 bit IOS, and I need a 64 bit iPad. for the DJI FLY app.
I hope I'm right about this. if not, shame on me, I just ordered an iPad air1, I hope I didn't screw up again.

I use the ipad mini 4 to fly my Mavic 2 zoom - fit's in the jaws of the remote and works brilliantly. It's not cellphone version - just WiFi. I use my phone as a wifi hotspot mainly to load the maps.

I find the screen to be just about the right size. I've tried phones (too small) and 10" tablets on a bracket over the remote (Too big and can't see the controller).

Reactions: pelagic_one
I use the ipad mini 4 to fly my Mavic 2 zoom - fit's in the jaws of the remote and works brilliantly. It's not cellphone version - just WiFi. I use my phone as a wifi hotspot mainly to load the maps.

I find the screen to be just about the right size. I've tried phones (too small) and 10" tablets on a bracket over the remote (Too big and can't see the controller).
the reason for the bigger iPad is my tired old eyes can see the bigger iPad better. the bigger iPad will cover the sticks with the attached holder, but I don't look at the sticks anyway.

I have an old iPad 4 and no, definitely won't work. The Fly app won't even download. It has a 32bit CPU and the Fly app only works with 64 bit CPU's.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+