DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will my Batteries Be Damaged if i Leave Them For a Few Months?

I'd say, charge them up and put them on a shelf. They'll take themselves down to a proper storage level. Check them now and then and make sure they're not going too low.

I don't leave mine unused THAT long, though sometimes they go into self discharge.

I'll second Rmcolon's Hanatora charger/discharger recommendation. Excellent unit and good customer service. I bought an earlier one and the power supply fan started making a bit of noise. Still worked. Contacted them and they said they were coming out with an improved version in a week or two. I told them I'd cheerfully wait, which I did, getting the new version free in a few weeks. BTW, the old one still works, never did fail, probably defective fan bearing.

I found ( plus others see Amazon Reviews) destroyed our DJI batteries. My batteries after charging were no longer recognized by my M2P even though they were in excellent condition. I know from the reviews others that have had good luck, but there are enough destroyed batteries to be of concern.

I like to know how you found their customer service. I contacted Amazon about the issue, and they had no link to any customer service support. I'd still like to contact them about the two batteries ( $300 to purchase new ones) that their charger destroyed.

I found ( plus others see Amazon Reviews) destroyed our DJI batteries. My batteries after charging were no longer recognized by my M2P even though they were in excellent condition. I know from the reviews others that have had good luck, but there are enough destroyed batteries to be of concern.

I like to know how you found their customer service. I contacted Amazon about the issue, and they had no link to any customer service support. I'd still like to contact them about the two batteries ( $300 to purchase new ones) that their charger destroyed.
Interesting! ..... I use one of these Hanatora chargers commonly for my M2P due to rapidity of charge (4 M2P batteries from 10-20% to full charge in about 90 minutes) and functionality in my car. I have never had a problem with any of my eleven batteries. I would also look elsewhere.... my charger is over a year old. I do occasionally use the DJI multi charger and single charger. I never try to charge in the drone...

Reactions: bumper
Interesting! ..... I use one of these Hanatora chargers commonly for my M2P due to rapidity of charge (4 M2P batteries from 10-20% to full charge in about 90 minutes) and functionality in my car. I have never had a problem with any of my eleven batteries. I would also look elsewhere.... my charger is over a year old. I do occasionally use the DJI multi charger and single charger. I never try to charge in the drone...

Mine went bad when I tried the discharge cycle, and then charged afterwards

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato