DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the Smart Controller work with the Mavic Air 2?

I don't see a MA3 just yet. The MA2 is still too new to warrant a MA3. They will probably release a full on Mavic 3 before the Air....

Waiting for SC compatibility with the MA2 is like waiting for GoPro to release the Display Mod they promised with their Hero 8 camera a year ago!!!

September 26th, 2020

The Mavic 3 release date will be on September 26th, 2020, at 10 a.m. EST according to two leaked photos of the DJI announcement that I received just this afternoon.

September 26th, 2020

The Mavic 3 release date will be on September 26th, 2020, at 10 a.m. EST according to two leaked photos of the DJI announcement that I received just this afternoon.

Sadly that article your quote came from was updated to link to that story above...

• Sad
Reactions: zeusfl
September 26th, 2020

Even if thats true - thats the Mavic 3, not the Mavic AIR 3.
We have several variants of the Mavic, and I believe the above may be referring to the Mavic Pro or Zoom variants.

Reactions: Rick Phelps
Still waiting for that update.

Side note....why does everyone seem to love the smart controller so much?
I like the portability and ease of it. No phone to use. And don't have to worry about phone calls during a flight. Plus the nits are far better than any other phone on the market. I am not hell bent on getting one. I will be just fine as others without the SC. Matter of fact I may like using my phone so much I scratch the whole idea of the SC.

I really don't look for an update till 2021. Time will tell. I just think from a marketing view a comparable SC with waypoints would be a huge seller for the MA2.

Reactions: Bwill211
I like the portability and ease of it. No phone to use. And don't have to worry about phone calls during a flight. Plus the nits are far better than any other phone on the market. I am not hell bent on getting one. I will be just fine as others without the SC. Matter of fact I may like using my phone so much I scratch the whole idea of the SC. lol
I will love to see a video comparing the SC with the new Samsung Galaxy Note 20S Ultra 5G that is 1500 nits.

Reactions: Rick Phelps
Welcome to the forum !!

I will love to see a video comparing the SC with the new Samsung Galaxy Note 20S Ultra 5G that is 1500 nits.

I was under the impression that all Samsung Galaxy and Note phones can only maintain those high peak brightnesses for a short time?

I was under the impression that all Samsung Galaxy and Note phones can only maintain those high peak brightnesses for a short time?

Not all. They hold their brightness for a long time. Been using the Note Series for my drones. The Ultra 20 Note is looks amazing.

Reactions: zeusfl
this update to SC for Air 2 keeps taking a backseat to everything that comes up. Pretty much tells you the priority of them doing it.

Welcome to the forum,
Are you flying a drone at all currently?
Yes I'm using the Bebop 2 I have three of them I'm really like them by no means or as a DJI but I like the software and the aircraft. I've put my air 2 up a couple of times and probably have used it a total of 10 minutes but I do not care for the software to be honest especially because I can't do point-to-point and it just seems to be so **** clumbersome. The parrot software is honestly much better and I love the point to point software that's built in it for an extra charge yes but so much worth it, if I could use my parrot software with the DJI I would in a heartbeat. Getting ready to order another DJI mav pro 2 for my arsenal. Thank you for the question and great meeting you ?

Yes I'm using the Bebop 2 I have three of them I'm really like them by no means or as a DJI but I like the software and the aircraft. I've put my air 2 up a couple of times and probably have used it a total of 10 minutes but I do not care for the software to be honest especially because I can't do point-to-point and it just seems to be so **** clumbersome. The parrot software is honestly much better and I love the point to point software that's built in it for an extra charge yes but so much worth it, if I could use my parrot software with the DJI I would in a heartbeat. Getting ready to order another DJI mav pro 2 for my arsenal. Thank you for the question and great meeting you ?
Love Bebops and Anafi’s! But I like all quads.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N