DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will these 3000mAh Li-ion batteries work with M2P for long distance mod?

Waldo Pepper

Reactions
Question for the pros, looking into increasing range. Will these 3000mAh Li-ion batteries work with the Mavic 2 Pro for long distance flights, been using these on amplifiers for controllers. Believe the Titan Cyclone amplifier antenna uses this same battery, but curious to know if I can use them with the M2P for long distance flights.

Not too heavy, about 124 grams apiece, and if they can work appreciate any information both positive and negative. Flight time etc, with one single battery or using both?

Appreciate all information,

Thanks, Paul CC19F86C-5E88-466B-996F-87C561991365.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for the pros, looking into increasing range. Will these 3000mAh Li-ion batteries work with the Mavic 2 Pro for long distance flights, been using these on amplifiers for controllers. Believe the Titan Cyclone amplifier antenna uses this same battery, but curious to know if I can use them with the M2P for long distance flights.
Here's a suggestion .... check the voltage of your original Mavic battery.

Reactions: Former Member
The 3000mAh battery is 12.6 volts, less then the Mavic 2 battery. I’ve noticed others using higher mAh with higher voltage batteries but less than Mavic 2 battery voltage, guess I need more information.

Paul

Reactions: Former Member
The 3000mAh battery is 12.6 volts, less then the Mavic 2 battery. I’ve noticed others using higher mAh with higher voltage batteries but less than Mavic 2 battery voltage, guess I need more information.
Your original Mavic 2 battery delivers 15.4 Volts which is what the motors need.
A 12 Volt battery isn't going to be of any use for what you intend.
The capacity of the battery (what you refer to as mAh) is simply an indication of how much 12 Volt electricity it can hold.
mAh is an abbreviation for milli amp hours

Your original Mavic 2 battery delivers 15.4 Volts which is what the motors need.
A 12 Volt battery isn't going to be of any use for what you intend.
The capacity of the battery (what you refer to as mAh) is simply an indication of how much 12 Volt electricity it can hold.
mAh is an abbreviation for milli amp hours

Thanks Meta,

Appreciate the information, that’s the type of information I was needing now knowing 12 volt isn’t enough to power the motors. I know I sound not too familiar with voltage and electrical stuff, auctally am pretty good just a little rusty been away from modifying electrical projects.

I’ll get back up to speed soon, thanks again!
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada