DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will this memory card work for a Mavic Air?

buttons276

Reactions
All the different numbers on the micro sod card are confusing to me. From my investigating I need one that has the 3 inside a little U. Atleast I think that’s what I need. Someone please tell me if I’m wrong. Thanks!

Attachments

• C89BBCA0-A32B-4C2B-A858-DE89B345BBE9.png
    C89BBCA0-A32B-4C2B-A858-DE89B345BBE9.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
All the different numbers on the micro sod card are confusing to me. From my investigating I need one that has the 3 inside a little U. Atleast I think that’s what I need. Someone please tell me if I’m wrong. Thanks!

From another forum member
“Any with a class of U3 should be fine. I use this one SanDisk Extreme PLUS 32GB microSDHC Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 100MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XYDY93V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KJ8TAbBZ59JDH”

Speed Class - SD Association
Read/write sd card speed?

IMG_0654.JPGIMG_0655.JPG

Reactions: buttons276
There are a couple of threads in the Air section here on this topic, too...

From my investigating I need one that has the 3 inside a little U.
Per the Mavic Air specs, you want a memory card that has at least a Class 10 or UHS-1 rating. That speed is required since the Mavic Air is able to write data to the memory card at a max of 100 Mbps (or 12.5 MB/s).

The memory card from your attachment will work (as will any of these memory cards).

Reactions: ksmusa
Per the Mavic Air specs, you want a memory card that has at least a Class 10 or UHS-1 rating. That speed is required since the Mavic Air is able to write data to the memory card at a max of 100 Mbps (or 12.5 MB/s).

The memory card from your attachment will work (as will any of these memory cards).
When I read back through old posts I saw a lot of people that had trouble with the 10 cards. Everything I’ve read says if you want to do the 4K video you need the 3 with the U thing

When I read back through old posts I saw a lot of people that had trouble with the 10 cards.
For 4K video on a Mavic Air, 10 cards are plenty fast. Rather than relying on stories from other people using an assortment of 10 cards, it would be better to check the specs of the memory card of your choice. Make sure it's able to consistently write at 12.5 MB/s (or higher).

For 4K video on a Mavic Air, 10 cards are plenty fast. Rather than relying on stories from other people using an assortment of 10 cards, it would be better to check the specs of the memory card of your choice. Make sure it's able to consistently write at 12.5 MB/s (or higher).
Or you could just get the u3 cards or ever what you call it. They are only a few bucks more. I wouldn’t even want to take a chance with a cheaper one after all the stories I’ve heard.

Actually, cards meeting just the class 10/UHS-1 spec won't work for recording 4K on the Air. It'll work for 1080, but not 4K. The card must be U3 to record 4K.

For example, Sandisk Ultra is class 10/UHS-1 but only a U1 card (no 4k recording). The Sandisk Extreme is U3 and will record 4k, as well as the Samsung EVO select.

DJI needs to update that spec sheet - this is a case where people's actual experience is correct and valid.

Actually, cards meeting just the class 10/UHS-1 spec won't work for recording 4K on the Air.
I cannot agree with that one. I've recorded 4K video on a class 10 memory card in my Mavic Air.

Like I said. A few people had problems with a class 10. A couple websites I read had also said you need a U3 for 4K video. No doubt that somebody could get another card to work but I just can’t see buying a card that might work or might not when you could spend a few dollars more and then you will know 100% you won’t have a problem. If you already have a card that’s one thing but if your buying a new one I would think it would be foolish to try to save a few dollars and risk buying one that won’t get the job done.

A couple websites I read had also said you need a U3 for 4K video
That's probably true for other electronic devices (like a GoPro which can write data at 60-120 MB/s). The Mavic Air is only able to write data at a max speed of 12.5 MB/s though.

I’ve heard that a lot too! I love me some Ebay but I decided to order my sd card from Best Buy just to be safe. Lol

I don't think they carry the right cards.

Based on the tests I've seen I'd only use the Sandisk Extreme Pro. Not the Extreme Plus or the Extreme, the EXTREME PRO.

Ratings on cards don't seem to be regulated or tested so only go with ones you know have been tested by a third party even if it's some yahoo on YouTube. They are more reliable that the manufacturer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc