DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will this tablet work?

Desertdude

Reactions
I have an old Nexus 7 that I'm not using. Is about the size of an iPad mini. Do you this the dji app will run ok on this older tablet?.

Last edited:
I just tried mine and it feels pretty good when it's in the remote controller. You'll of course have to use it without a case.

The original iPad is too slow to run DJI GO. It would also be too large to fit in the remote controller holder. The iPad Mini 2/3/4 just fits.

Not used mine for ages either but updated it to 5.1.1 a few months ago.

Depending on the iPhone it will probably run much better but have not tried it (lack on Mavic) yet so cannot compare.

Bugger, cannot install the DJI GO App as I have the Nexus 7, looks like you need the Nexus 7 II to run it. Oh well....

You could sideload the DJI GO APK. It's probably not going to run well though.
Thanks! I wrote that off straight after it would not install directly, no pint really if DJI don't allow it, performance will undoubtedly suck. Was just curious tbh as not used the 7 for such a long time. It is already back at the bottom of the drawer ;)

Thanks! I wrote that off straight after it would not install directly, no pint really if DJI don't allow it, performance will undoubtedly suck. Was just curious tbh as not used the 7 for such a long time. It is already back at the bottom of the drawer ;)
I think if you let it update to whatever version of Android was last supported it should work fine sideloading the app. Hard reset the Nexus and only install the GO app.

If it's the Nexus 7 2013 it will run the app easily.
It fits in the mavic controller but only just!
I plan to use mine but might have it alongside somehow especially flying from a vehicle.

I've got a Nexus 7, but with DJI Go it's slow and 'blocky'. It had to work very hard to process the incoming video, the experience is much better with a faster phone/tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fizzle
The 2013 version, it's a bit higher spec. I use a Motorola Nexus 6 and a Nexus 9, both are much more capable of handling the workload.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS