DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind - be careful

So in other words you wouldn't have a problem running your battery to that point. Btw, batteries supply electrical amounts of power. Not sure why you think they are a type of object that is used to cut something off.
Not an "object", a protection circuit. It should cut the battery off in case of short circuit, overcurrent, undervoltage, severe overheating etc. But its not supposed to be dumb and just measure the voltage.

Anyway, speaking about power... the battery capacity is over 40Wh, while Mavic can easily spend it all in under 20 minutes while fighting some wind, means the bird is easily capable of using over 120W of continuius f-ing power!!! Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but this little battery supplying 120W, continuously, is amazingly crazy :)

When I first started playin with lipos, I had a few batteries that I pushed below 10% capacity and those were the puppies that gave me trouble. But then again this was almost 9 years ago. I know tech has changed, but I have seen voltage dropoffs - usually on batteries that have had been pulled a bit to low. I try and stick to the land at 40 - 30 % rule
There are 2 ways batteries degrade. First is losing capacity, the more cycles and the older the battery is, the more capacity is lost. The second way is increased internal resistance, which will cause voltage drops under heavier load. This one happens from just about anything, storing the batteries fully charged (especially under fluctuating temperature conditions), discharing below certain voltage, storing below certain voltage (that can render it dead, too), improper storage temperatures etc.

Battery tech just plain SUCKS and seems to be sensitive to just about anything.

In any case, i know the elecrical/electronic stuff on this topic, but not WHY it happens, i am totally ignorant in chemistry, so don't even ask...

The Mavic handles surprisingly well in windy conditions as long as you anticipate battery consumption and test to make sure you can fight the head wind even with a depleting battery.
I flew in very windy and gusty conditions yesterday where the rpms spiked in the 8000s just from hovering at a higher altitude. I haven't seen the Mavic that twitchy before but it still stayed pretty solid in the same position. I hit 83.5km/h in the tailwind and the speed went as low as 15km/h coming back at full stick in sport mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starKid