DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind warning [emoji946]

Sevier456

Reactions
Almost every time in air born I get a high wind warning. I understand the MP can take a reasonable amount of with but has anybody been so affected by the wind that you have had catastrophic failure ??

Not being able to get back to the home point before running out of battery could be a catastrophic failure. You can gauge the wind at ground level and guess that it'll be at least 50% more at 150 feet AGL. Then remember that the rule of thumb is to fly no more than 1/3 of your battery on the downwind leg (assuming the winds aloft are no greater than 30mph) you will still have enough juice to get home in sport mode. If it's that windy you will need to come back in sport mode -- regular mode will do nothing but keep you from blowing further away

Reactions: Bunny Too
I get wind warnings often as well. I wish you could set a wind mph that would trigger warning so we could set it to a useful threshold. That being said I've never seen any visible effect on the video from wind, but you can certainly see the effects on the speed of the craft in different directions.

-Joe

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez