DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Winter flight along the Sierra divide

Steve F

Reactions
Site
www.stephenfischerphotography.com
Thought I would share a flight captured flying along the divide of the Sierra Nevada peaks along the Echo Lakes basin during the winter. I had some strong winds on the ridge that buffeted the MA2 drone during the ascent of what is called Flagpole Peak at 2:50 - 3:13.

My original plan was to continue up the divide but the winds were starting to get more concerning and I thought I would quit while I was ahead.

Thought I would share a flight captured flying along the divide of the Sierra Nevada peaks along the Echo Lakes basin during the winter. I had some strong winds on the ridge that buffeted the MA2 drone during the ascent of what is called Flagpole Peak at 2:50 - 3:13.

My original plan was to continue up the divide but the winds were starting to get more concerning and I thought I would quit while I was ahead.
I live in Colorado and am always a sucker for snow covered mountains and alpine lakes, frozen or not. Great video!

Really enjoyed your video. Thanks for posting it. Happy that you get to experience nature like that.

What a fun video! It's hard to beat the Sierra's for winter landscapes!

On the tech side: I'm seeing a lot of compression artifacts--for example in the sky around the 1 minute mark, but elsewhere. Is that coming from YouTube, or does it show in the original? Also, I'd recommend using ND filters or adding motion blur in post; the frame stutter is pretty severe.

I live in Colorado and am always a sucker for snow covered mountains and alpine lakes, frozen or not. Great video!
Very Nice Video to watch of Mother Nature at her Best !! Thank you for sharing the video. I would not
dare to fly my MA2 or Mini-2 that far afield. You would probably have to wait until Spring Thaw to find your DJI... Thank you for a chance to see those Mtns up close...Ron

Excellent video and flying! I would use more cuts like you did in the end to hold views interest even more!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme