DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wireless HDMI and Smart Controller?

iFly4U

Reactions
Hello!

I'm growing weary of clients trying to peer over my shoulder and being a distraction, so I want to give them something to look at: an LCD in the back of my vehicle - a feed from the SC to that screen.

Power supply, batteries and inverter are easy. A screen mount is easy too. They are no issue. Delivering a signal to the screen is an open query.

Has anyone played with wireless HDMI dongles on the DJI SC and a remote screen? M2P is my preferred tool at the moment for those gigs.

Is wireless HDMI a good solution, or is there a better way so that Those Who Book Me can see what's happening without being a physical interference to providing the very best work?

Open to any and all opinions. I'm all ears.

Cheers - i.

Open to any and all opinions
If the distance from your SC to the client is not too far, why not use a simple HDMI cable?
That gives you enough space to work on the controls but you can have audible feedback from your client if necessary.

If the distance to your client must be greater, use some HDMI wireless links.
I am using the Teradek Bolt LT Teradek Bolt - Zero Delay Wireless Video to deliver video signals to clients.

The only experience I've had with wireless HDMI was in my theater room. It took a few seconds to re-sync on channel changes, which when channel surfing, doesn't cut it, so I ended up with a 100ft cable and routed the cable near the floor and wall. Probably will work ok with the DJI controller and no channel changes.

Thanks for your thought and experience, BenF and Keule.

I'll take some time to think it through a bit more for my application.

Greatly appreciated.

Best Regards - i.

Reactions: Keule
If money is not a large issue, you could buy a second SC, pair it as secondary (in dual RC operation) and then youd have a direct occusync link to your monitor, then just remove the sticks and hide the second SC behind the monitor somewhere... If it would help close a big deal or something, you could let them fly for a moment without any worry theyre going to crash as your primary always has overall control.

However, if the wireless HDMI links really do work without lag, signal loss or degradation and you dont plan on leaving the assumed short range between the Txvr and Rxvr then I'd say thats a better, more economical option, but that has its own disadvantage too, which is the dongles that I've seen, one of which will be required to insert into the SC HDMI port, are not tiny so you'll need to take care not to hurt your SC port, especially over time, if you'll be removing it after each flight.

Let us know what you choose and how it goes!

Reactions: iFly4U
I’ve used Apple TV in in screen mirror mode just bring a wireless router.
then you don’t even need an sc.

I’m using it at about 50m. It works really well

What sort of work are you doing?

So I ordered my M2P with the SC. I found on Ebay someone selling an OEM M2P controller. I was glad when the update came out allowing two controllers. I have a 6X10 enclosed trailer with AC and a 42" smart tv mounted inside. I have my OEM controller connected to my cell phone in the trailer. I have an external antenna for the for an hotspot and the OEM controller modified using Titan Drones kit to allow external antanas. I can then cast to the tv. I also can use drone deploy on thos controller . My wife/helper usually works in the trailer and I fly. She may also us the gimbel to frame shots as I fly. I have a editing computer set up in there along with GCPs, cones, lighting equipment, charging station, ect.

Why don't use cast function o SC and view it in a small smart TV?

The range could be an issue. I'll play around with it on the next rainy day... which is probably tomorrow. :)

A second SC is a great solution, but that's AUD$1100 (USD$740) unless I third party it from mates working O/S. It's not a lot of money, but if I can spend less to get a slick commercial result then that's the way to go. After all, it's mostly a marketing thing to help clients enjoy the experience.

The simplest solution may be the best, but Anzacjack's solution looks like the most probable effective solution. Cudos to Aj.

Cheers - i.

I bought one of the cheaper hdmi links. There was another couple at Jaycar that would get you better range.

Reactions: iFly4U
Heys folks that streaming wireless video to laptop, are you using an encoder before bringing it into the laptop?
Then what you using to view the live stream?
Thanks in advance

Heys folks that streaming wireless video to laptop, are you using an encoder before bringing it into the laptop?
Then what you using to view the live stream?
When using an IOS/iPadOS device you just connect to WiFi and stream to your PC/Mac running the AirPlay protocol.

Here is a solution to turn a PC/Laptop into an AirPlay (also Miracast and Google Cast) receiver:

Gday mate
Yes i run a hdmi module to a large tc monitor and portable 240 supply. All from jaycar. Works a treatView attachment 93991
Almost could not believe it when I saw your photo there. I have done almost the same idea (monitor in a box) for use with astronomy. Mine has a computer on the case and power supplies etc. So I could adapt mine to do the same thing. Great idea, as new to drone just had not thought of it.

Attachments

• Packed pelicase.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 35
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCaffs10778