DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wish Me Luck, Boys!

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
Me & Missus are heading to Target to get some road trip provisions. While there I am going to divert us over to electronics to check stuff out. When I get to the Mavic I am going to pour it on thick. :)

Update later: Fingers crossed. HAHAHA

You should have taken her to a local DSW 1st then go to Target.

Stop for drinks first....

LOL. Do you know her? I save that one for the hard sells. I been prepping her for this and it's my b-day in a few weeks so....

20139680_1375171279265585_8750313245166918065_n.jpg

Excited to be part of the team now. DJI, don't let me down! LOL

LOL. Do you know her? I save that one for the hard sells. I been prepping her for this and it's my b-day in a few weeks so....

20139680_1375171279265585_8750313245166918065_n.jpg

Excited to be part of the team now. DJI, don't let me down! LOL

Read the manual 3 times !

Reactions: New99
My wife said she wanted to go see The Rolling Stones in Vegas last fall with my daughter. She felt guilty so I eased her guilt by saying I was going to buy a drone. Now note all of our 24 year marriage she's popood grown men playing with RC stuff, something she didn't make know before I proposed. (She paid her way to concert and I paid for mavic) She had no idea the cost but said great. She had a great weekend and I'm still having fun flying it and getting away from household chores on a regular basis on weekends [emoji4]
Now I'm waiting for another concert to buy a phantom 4 pro or more !!!!

Thanks. And what's that mistake?

Not reading the manual / not double checking all the settings before take off / taking it out of beginner mode too soon / flying inside / flying in too small an area outside / flying into a tree/lake/object/yourself........ but apart from those watch-out's have FUN!!!!! :)

Reactions: Rbruz and Flycaster
Like Top Hat said, Activate, but do not update software/firmware.
You can skip it upon first connection/activation. Depending on how long the unit has been in a box, and how slow the boat was from the China Mainland and you're lucky enough to find that you are running .400 firmware on the Mavic, run/try that out for your first flights.
Keep your camera on automatic, and focus on the flight controls in beginner mode.
Then you can read the forums more, and see how the "various" firmware updates worked out for others and make your decision on doing the update(s).
Me? I am very happy with .400, I don't need "airplane mode".......

Thanks for all the input guys. New to the Mavic, but been flying Phantoms for a while. Cut my teeth (and my arm) on a Phantom 3 before upgrading to the 4. :)

RE: Not updating the firmware. Yeah I kinda have a phobia about updating firmware. Seen too many pricey electronics become paperweights. I still haven't updated the firmware on the P4. No idea what version it is.

I'll check on my Mavic's version. I was able to take it up today for a quick run and all went well. (Couldn't last night as my awesome vintage iPhone5 couldn't run the DJI Go for Mavic. Got my new one today and it's all set now.

Anywho, the Mavic is a blast! Like a sports car for the sky. Nothing wrong with the Phantoms - they are very responsive - but the Mavic is just so.. well you know -- You have one. :)

Thanks again for all the advice!

Mavic is a lot of fun. I can't get over how powerful a small craft can be.

My wife said she wanted to go see The Rolling Stones in Vegas last fall with my daughter. She felt guilty so I eased her guilt by saying I was going to buy a drone. Now note all of our 24 year marriage she's popood grown men playing with RC stuff, something she didn't make know before I proposed. (She paid her way to concert and I paid for mavic) She had no idea the cost but said great. She had a great weekend and I'm still having fun flying it and getting away from household chores on a regular basis on weekends [emoji4]
Now I'm waiting for another concert to buy a phantom 4 pro or more !!!!

I totally understood. I bought the fly more kit, but told her the price of the standalone drone and remote, in USD instead of SGD

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78