DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 With and without CPL comparison

Geofff

Reactions
Just tried out the Neewer CPL filter. It did a good job of reducing glare on the water but added a lot of warmth to the image and the bright (white) areas seem brighter.
I take a lot of photos of rivers and creeks so it might just do the job. The first image has the cpl attached but turned 90 deg. The second image is with the ploarising turned on. No editing.

Colleges Crossing .jpgColleges Crossing w cpl.jpg

Just tried out the Neewer CPL filter. It did a good job of reducing glare on the water but added a lot of warmth to the image and the bright (white) areas seem brighter.
I take a lot of photos of rivers and creeks so it might just do the job. The first image has the cpl attached but turned 90 deg. The second image is with the ploarising turned on. No editing.

View attachment 170837View attachment 170838
Hi Geofff,

The exposure is better on the second image (cloud detail in the sky)but to me it looks more blueish than warm. The polariser should have no effect on the colour temperature within the image but will, depending on sun angles/polariser angle, increase colour saturation. Of course, much of this also depends on how you have exposure and colour balance set - auto or manual.

As roads are usually grey they can be useful for setting colour balance during post processing. But then we also have plenty of dirt roads and iron stained roads too in Queensland!

Reactions: Geofff
Hi Geofff,

The exposure is better on the second image (cloud detail in the sky)but to me it looks more blueish than warm. The polariser should have no effect on the colour temperature within the image but will, depending on sun angles/polariser angle, increase colour saturation. Of course, much of this also depends on how you have exposure and colour balance set - auto or manual.

As roads are usually grey they can be useful for setting colour balance during post processing. But then we also have plenty of dirt roads and iron stained roads too in Queensland!
I agree that the exposure is better without the polarising and is more blue rather than warm. Was in auto for both. The only thing I liked was the polarising of the water. I will try out the effect in manual settings.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas