DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What CPL filter do you recommend for a Mavic 3?

nn666

Reactions
I have the PolarPro and I'm not that happy with it. It distorts the images which then require me to fix in Lightroom, the horizons bend at the sides. The colours are also quite different. I saw some comparison video where the YouTuber recommended the Nisi over the Polarpro with accurate colour reproduction. The Nisi filter seems to be fixed though with no polariser to turn. Just seeking others advice. I'm into photography more than video so would prefer CPL over just polarised ND filters.

Absolutely crazy that the Nisi CPLs can’t be rotated — they are a serious filter company and should know better. They pulled a similar stunt with their square filter system for small cameras (Fuji X100, Ricoh GR, Sony RX, etc).

I’m still happy with my CPL from K&F. I explained why I chose it here:

I've had no issues with Freewell filters but I rarely use them. Most of my videos are done with wide angle lens and when you pan 90deg the sky blue changes dramatically as polarizing only works when the sun is at an angle to the lens.

Polarizing filers don't work well on drones for a number of reasons, one pointed out above. They rob you of light which forces a longer shutter speed, something you do not want on a vibrating shaky camera suspended in the air. Plus, you can not rotate them when you are flying. Bad idea.

Reactions: GadgetGuy and Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc