DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

With DatCon what does the error message "Can't Go: Lower is greater than Upper" mean?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I want to open a DAT file with DatCon and every time I try to upload the file to the program I get that message.
CsvView opens it, seemingly without complaint.

I want to see, in the logs, the max height setting for that flight or, more accurately, find the column in the csv output of the logs where the max height setting is shown.
Thanks

I want to open a DAT file with DatCon and every time I try to upload the file to the program I get that message.

I want to see, in the logs, the max height setting for that flight or, more accurately, find the column in the csv output of the logs where the max height setting is shown.
Thanks
Can’t you simply run the txt file for the flight through TXTlogToCSVtool.exe and then load the resulting CSV file into Excel?

Yes and I have done, but I can not find a column in the resulting csv/spreadsheet that corresponds to the maximum height setting in the app.
I am currently going throught the dat file of a just flown flight that had various ceilings set and reached but as yet have been unable to find a corresponding column in the csv/spreadsheet of that DAT file. I will follow that up by going through the correspnding txt csv/spreadsheet.

All that said I would still like to know what the error message is about

Thanks

Please post the .DAT so I can take a look. That’s interesting that CsvView will open it but DatCon will not. You can tell CsvView to export the .csv

Hi Bud, thanks for answering, I will pm the file to you if you wish and if I can but, in general, I do not 'publish' logs etc. and would ask that you would abide by that, is that ok?
Thanks for the pointer to exporting the csv from CsvView, I have now done that.
Is the max height setting in either the txt or dat files, if so what is the column header in the respective csv/spreadsheet?
From the above test flight I saw in one or maybe both of the csv's 'warnings' of reaching each ceiling and its value (metric) but can not find colums containing the heights. That said it has just occurred to me I was looking for metric values, I will now have a look for imperial equivalents.

Hi Bud, thanks for answering, I will pm the file to you if you wish and if I can but, in general, I do not 'publish' logs etc. and would ask that you would abide by that, is that ok?
Thanks for the pointer to exporting the csv from CsvView, I have now done that.
Is the max height setting in either the txt or dat files, if so what is the column header in the respective csv/spreadsheet?
From the above test flight I saw in one or maybe both of the csv's 'warnings' of reaching each ceiling and its value (metric) but can not find colums containing the heights. That said it has just occurred to me I was looking for metric values, I will now have a look for imperial equivalents.
Yes, please PM the .DAT. I can't fix a bug unless I can see it.

Depending on the platform the Controller or Mr_controller record will have the max_height signal. That may be what you're looking for.

Ok at Bud walkers suggestion I upgraded to version 4.0.4 and that opens the problem file.
Also upgraded CsvView and I now get the max height setting of the app in, for me, column 100 or CV and the column's title is "Mr_controller:max_height: D" with no space before the D (It kept generating a smilie if I had no gap)

FWIW I just received this message for one of my FLY???.DAT files. I was using Datcon 4.0.4. Then I tried the same file with Datcon 3.6.0 and it worked fine.
Please provide that .DAT so that I can take a look. Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito