DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading logs, a 'discovery' .....of sorts, or latent common-sense giving me a kick in the derrier. (Windows & Android only.. perhaps?)

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
This is sort of an addendum to Litchi logs for 'fly app using' drones, a question.

I download all my logs from my phones to computer, for years I have used a windows computer to go into the storage location of each App, Go/pilot, Go4 and Fly. Add to that I have Litchi on some of the phones.
That's not a difficult task, once you know where to look, but with three/four Apps on each phone it is possible to forget to check an App.

Ten minutes ago I had the idea, "use the windows search function to search the phone for "flightrec""
Guess wha? It found the "FlightRecord " folders in the following folders/Apps

.....\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v5 ---------------------- (Fly App) ---- the older pre 1.5 versions
......\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files ----(Fly App) ---- 1.5.4 and newer versions?
.....\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v4 ----------------------(Go4)
.....\Phone\DJI\dji.pilot -----------------------(Go) e.g. Phantom 3
.....\Phone\DJI\com.aryuthere.visionplus ---(Litchi)

If I right click on each "FlightRecord" folder and then select "Open in new window" it opens the folder and, with the way I have windows set up, shows the "path" to the folder in the "address bar", so that I can identify which logs I am looking at.
Once I am in the "FlightRecord" folder I can then access the DATs in the "MCDatFlightRecords" if I want to.

For those folks that struggle with travsing folder chains this might be a useful alternate route to finding their logs.

PS, I just did a search for "djiflightrec" and it found DJIFlightRecord...... logs too but you can not copy/move those logs to storage.
My guess is that this is because they were found in a SEARCH, where the 'containing folder name ' is not shown.
Right clicking on any individual log and selecting "open location" or something similar, opens the folder that contains that individual log. The logs in that folder CAN then be moved/copied to storage.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyPHX
This is solid advice. I did this hunting myself so I could script grabbing those files, copying them to my onedrive folder, and then when onedrive on my server picks up the change, those logs get entered into flightreader. I feel like this gives me a great permanent history of each flight and is accessible to me before I even get back to the home office.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman