DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won’t fly higher than 96’

Try uninstalling the app, reinstalling, logging in again.

The app/login are required to "unlock" the aircraft at every flight or the altitude is restricted to 30m and distance to 50m, and this process sometimes screws up.

Reactions: mrwagdog
Recreational UAS pilots: The Skyward Airspace Map shows 5.5 KM circles around airports and landing strips as yellow solid outlined areas. Recreational UAS pilots should not fly in this area without permission from Transport Canada unless at a MAAC field or event.
I’d like to research this further; where are you quoting that from?

If I’m following FAA guidelines/rules, where does Transport Canada fall into the discussion. Do they have jurisdiction of US airspace on or near the border?

I’m genuinely interested and intend on following the rules. I believed I was ok to fly. I want to make sure that is the case.

Try uninstalling the app, reinstalling, logging in again.

The app/login are required to "unlock" the aircraft at every flight or the altitude is restricted to 30m and distance to 50m, and this process sometimes screws up.
This sounds likely. I’m not flying with cell coverage and the iPad is WiFi only.

But, I have flown this configuration several times, including earlier the same day at a nearby site (no WiFi) and had no issue.

Still, this sounds reasonable. Appreciate the reply.

where are you quoting that from?

If I’m following FAA guidelines/rules, where does Transport Canada fall into the discussion
As i already said in post #17, you have to follow FAA rules. You can see in the second image in post #15 the Canadian special airspace extends into the U.S. (Airspace classes do not 'vanish' across borders)

To be on the safe side, call your local FSDO for further clarification. Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929