DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Word, What Up! I’ll tell you where I’m from...

Hey Y’all. How’s it going? Clear skies I hope. My handle is X51 and l’m from Ontario Canada. I just received my Mavic 2 Zoom today. I haven’t flown it yet but I fired her up without the props in my living room and got it registered and bought the Care Refresh warranty. I‘ve been watching lots of videos on youTube and while surfing the net I happened upon this here community and thought I’d join. I’m looking to learn as much about drone piloting as I can fit in my head and this seemed like the best way. Learn from those who know more than I do.
Anyhoo, that’s all for now I guess. I look forward to becoming an active member of the droning community.
Cheers.
X51
Welcome to the group from a fellow Mavic 2 Zoom (with Smart Controller) pilot from Wisconsin USA

Welcome X51 from a fellow Canadian. Just a heads up if you haven’t already done so. Check the drone (RPAS) regulations on the Transport Canada website. Since your drone is over 250 grams, you will have to register it and acquire the appropriate RPAS pilot certificate to fly your drone legally.
If you’re not familiar with the term RPAS it stands for “Remotely Piloted Aircraft System”.
Enjoy the learning and many hours of great drone flying fun.

Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida. After flying my Mavic Air for two years I purchased the M2Z last august. What a great machine. You are going to love the zoom factor when you switch to 1080p. At 96mm you can get great shots of wildlife without getting too close to chase them away, and for normal video it looks fine. Have fun.

Welcome aboard. You will find the 3 I's (Information, Insight and Ideas) here and are welcome to add your input.
Enjoy.

Hey Y’all. How’s it going? Clear skies I hope. My handle is X51 and l’m from Ontario Canada. I just received my Mavic 2 Zoom today. I haven’t flown it yet but I fired her up without the props in my living room and got it registered and bought the Care Refresh warranty. I‘ve been watching lots of videos on youTube and while surfing the net I happened upon this here community and thought I’d join. I’m looking to learn as much about drone piloting as I can fit in my head and this seemed like the best way. Learn from those who know more than I do.
Anyhoo, that’s all for now I guess. I look forward to becoming an active member of the droning community.
Cheers.
X51
Hi There X51, Welcome from the sometime sunny skies of South Australia. May your enjoyments be many and your problems be few as you join our very helpful little group.
Cheers,
mereflyer

Hi There X51, Welcome from the sometime sunny skies of South Australia. May your enjoyments be many and your problems be few as you join our very helpful little group.
Cheers,
mereflyer
Thanks to all. I’m glad to be aboard. Quick question. I searched but couldn’t find an answer. I’m charging my batts for the Zoom, but the lights are solid on two of them (I’m using the multi charger) the the 3rd is flashing. I was just wondering if that was cool or not. I’m taking her on her maiden voyage (so to speak) tomorrow and I just want to be safe, ya dig? Drop your 2 cents if you can help, and I’ll pay it forward when I can help.
Word.

Solid lights mean the charge cycle is complete and the battery is fully charged, and will move on to the next battery, and the flashing lights mean the charge cycle for that battery is in process, therefore is charging.
I would add to ensure your batteries are numbered, just to ensure they each receive the same charging cycles, thus prolonging the life of the battery.

Enjoy the maiden flight ;)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78