DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Work Around Waiting on Litchi for Mavic Air2?

Cadillac2012

Reactions
I have used Litchi on my Mavic Air for a year +. Understand it and like how it works.
Of course, I sold the Air and bought a Air 2. Discovered that I couldn't use Litchi with this drone. I've read that it will eventually be updated but I could use suggestions on how to accomplish the following:

My son is getting ready to build his home. I want to be able to fly the exact same plan each week so I can eventually provide him with a video showing his home going from raw land to a finished home.
Should I be buying and learning a new program or is there a way to create a flight path that will repeat? The only way I see at this point is to use the hyderlapse function.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Maven is a brilliant app! Once you've created your mission and saved it, it should do exactly what you're after. Note, make sure you edit each to turn to increase the radius, that way you get smoother turns.

When people suggest a App and it's feature set, it might be a good idea to specify that the App is iOS only, when that is the only platform. Saves the others from getting all hyped up, then to find out their device isn't supported ;)

When people suggest a App and it's feature set, it might be a good idea to specify that the App is iOS only, when that is the only platform. Saves the others from getting all hyped up, then to find out their device isn't supported ;)
Grrrr?

Appreciate the information on Maven. Downloaded then discovered it it only IOS. Not a big deal, usually use an android tablet to fly but can also use my IPhone.
Thanks

Appreciate the information on Maven. Downloaded then discovered it it only IOS. Not a big deal, usually use an android tablet to fly but can also use my IPhone.
Thanks
Which tablet do you use and how has the stability been for you?

Yes it would be a good idea. When I "get hyped up" about an app, I usually just check out the features to see if it will do what I want and if it will work on my phone or tablet and if the app supports my aircraft. I may not know what else it will work on or if there any other hoops like sideloading required on other people's devices.

I've been using a Samsung Tab A which worked just fine. My only issue is I had to use a sunshade to be able to see the screen in even moderate sun.
So, I sold it and have ordered a Tripltek 7" Pro tablet. Pricey, but all the reviews say you can see it in bright sun.
Adding an orange wrap and Masterscrew orange props and hopefully, I can see it all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TnDronePilot
Downloaded Dronelink and have been working through the videos. I like that it uses modules that can be customized.
Created a few flight plans and downloaded the Air 2 beta. All connected and the drone flew with no issues that I could tell.
So, my plan is to learn Dronelink and go forward with it. Liked Litchi but have not found anything definite on when/if they will have it working with the Air 2.

Downloaded Dronelink and have been working through the videos. I like that it uses modules that can be customized.
Created a few flight plans and downloaded the Air 2 beta. All connected and the drone flew with no issues that I could tell.
So, my plan is to learn Dronelink and go forward with it. Liked Litchi but have not found anything definite on when/if they will have it working with the Air 2.
I was going to download the MA2 beta but it said it's for people that know a bit more than the basics and don't just want to set waypoints and go. Is that the case or do you think we can try waypoints by following his videos?

I have been going through all the Dronelink training videos. There are 49 in the series.

They are very well done and the owner/developer takes the time to explain how everything works in detail with examples.

If you go to YouTube and look for Dronelink 101 The Complete Series you can look at them.

That said, my understanding is that Litchi and Dronelink differ conceptually. Litchi is faster to create missions, but Dronelink appears to offer more customization and control. Waypoints can be handled with Markers and then associating commands with the Marker. I haven't found it hard, just a different way of planning the flight.

I'm not an expert, so these are opinions of someone that is still in the learning phase, but has had no issues with the Beta for Mavic Air2 and Dronelink.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
I was going to download the MA2 beta but it said it's for people that know a bit more than the basics and don't just want to set waypoints and go. Is that the case or do you think we can try waypoints by following his videos?
More involved than Litchi initially, however there are more functional rewards. For example, one can save lists of camera and gimbal commands as components, then add those components to a flight plan. If you then update the original component, all instances embedded in other plans then offer an option to also be updated. So early planning saves time. There are examples of work methods in the public repos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78