DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Workflow to get images to computer.

Melor

Reactions
Southern California - Rancho Santa Margarita USA
Hello, I am sorry to post a newbie question but what is the most convenient way to get the images off of a SD card onto your computer.

I read that you can connect the drone directly to a computer and transfer that way. I haven't connected it yet, in fact, I have to look for the USB port on the drone first... Today I went to a local park and flew two batteries. Was nervous as these were my maiden voyages. I saw thumbnail quality images on my phone, downloaded jpgs of two of them into my phone but that is as far as I have gotten. With my camera (Canon 5D2 and 1D2 ) I shoot RAW and pull the cards and hook into a card reader. I am guessing unless there is an alternative suggestion that that is what most here do.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions. I will read and appreciate all...

Paul

Remove micro SD card from aircraft
Fit card into SD card adapter card
Install card in slot on computer
Transfer files to hard drive.
Check files are good
Format card
Remove card from computer
Install card back in aircraft.

Great information. I was wondering if I could format the card. This being my first attempt, I only shot JPG and no video as I have a slow card, with a faster card to come. Am focusing on learning how to drive the thing with the photography coming later. Will try a website feature here and see if I can insert one of the photos I shot. EDIT - It worked. this image is the 10th one shot on the new camera, unedited JPG.

RE formatting card: I have had cameras that seem to prefer to be formatted in the camera, any issues with the Mavic and formatting sensitivity?

Paul

DJI_0010.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001