DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Worried!!

I would like to commend you for being honest and bringing up this topic. I believe all folks are nervous to some degree when first doing something that can be dangerous. I say dangerous not because you can hurt yourself (Although I guess that is possible) but because you can cause damage to others property, or in the extreme case hurt someone. I also have fear of losing my $1500 investment because I am frugal.

Personally, I think this is a good trait to have because you will fly with more caution and be a more respectful pilot. Appropriate fear is a good thing. Most problems happen as you loose this fear over time and get overconfident and cocky.

Reactions: Raymondo1
I would like to commend you for being honest and bringing up this topic. I believe all folks are nervous to some degree when first doing something that can be dangerous. I say dangerous not because you can hurt yourself (Although I guess that is possible) but because you can cause damage to others property, or in the extreme case hurt someone. I also have fear of losing my $1500 investment because I am frugal.

Personally, I think this is a good trait to have because you will fly with more caution and be a more respectful pilot. Appropriate fear is a good thing. Most problems happen as you loose this fear over time and get overconfident and cocky.

Thanks Ken

One thing that helped me was getting familiar with the Cancel button on the RC. Pushing it will cancel your stick inputs and it is like applying emergency brakes. It is the quickest way to stop if you find yourself getting too close to something. I even pasted a button on top of mine so my thumb can easily find it.

Most days I fly from an old school site in Shoreline just off of Ballanger way. I keep it within the school grounds and just enjoy flying without looking at the display. There are normally only a few dog walkers and I stay away from them. For distance I have flown from the beach just south of Carkeek park boundary to the Golden Gardens point. I only do this at low tide when there is plenty of exposed beach where I can land if I have to. I can sometimes find a seal floating just offshore. Be mindful that the train tracks are heavily used and for the operators peace of mind you should not fly too close to them.

As for height I keep it around 200 feet but will bump it up to 400 to have a quick look at the view.

Thanks for the info. Is flying at low tide "more legally" permitted at the City parks? I know that all Seattle parks are off-limits even Carkeek (which use to allow). I walk Discovery two or three times per week. I bike ride to Golden Gardens and Disco, too.

...Is flying at low tide "more legally" permitted at the City parks? I know that all Seattle parks are off-limits even Carkeek (which use to allow)...
I fly from outside the southern boundary of Carkeek and never even over the park. That is another reason to do it at low tide; there is no beach at high tide. I restrict my flights over the water within the cove and resist the temptation to get a close look at the nice waterfront houses. I try not to give anyone a reason to complain and write more rules.

Reactions: Raymondo1 and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa