DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would I Return or Warranty?

DTC709

Reactions
I have a brand new MP Alpine white purchased from Apple, ordered April 28, 2018 received May 9, 2018. About 25 min of flight time, various short flights in a large area getting the feel for it. Now I’m experiencing some gimbal issues.

My question is, would I go through DJI warranty, or with something this new, would I contact the seller (Apple) and see what they would do?

Thanks in advance

Something that new with problems right out of the box I would exchange it with Apple. That'll be much quicker than going through DJI.

Thanks. That was sort of my thoughts. I’ll continue to research and try a few things the weekend, if I have no success I’ll have to make contact Monday

What kind of gimbal issues are you having?

Gimbal vibrates, and decides to do its own thing for a few seconds. Video link attached

-Hasn’t been in a crash, MP firmware is V.01.04.0300
-DJIGo app firmware is V4.2.14(3118)
-No mods
-No error code
-Gimbal brackets all where they suppose to be

-Ruled out SD card, happened with original & my 64gb card out of my GoPro
-Was thinking wind, but at the time shown in the video I was low & slow and there was barely a breeze
-It was chilly, I’ve read that could be a cause. Lame if it is though

I’m not down and out yet, downloaded DJI assistant last night, refreshed firmware, completed the fine tune of the vision sensors. Formatted the SD card, calibrated the gimbal & IMU. Hopefully the wind will stay down, and I can head up for another try this evening to confirm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman