DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would love feedback on local farm video

veryzebra

Reactions

Would love to get feedback on this. I put this video together to highlight some of a local farm. I think the music goes well, but I really should have had more of a plan when I set out to start. I readily admit though that the idea hit me, to do this, when I was on the way home from a day droning in another location.

As you mentioned that you should have a plan then the best thing to do work and a plan with a story and start over. Starting over would mean some new drone footage.
You started with short clips and later long clips which seem to show what you can do like rotating shots/edit rather than a cohesive story. I also noticed that you showcased a roof which is in disrepair. You should also have text or audio to advertise your farm. This should be a marketing video, not a drones moves video.

Reactions: veryzebra

Would love to get feedback on this. I put this video together to highlight some of a local farm. I think the music goes well, but I really should have had more of a plan when I set out to start. I readily admit though that the idea hit me, to do this, when I was on the way home from a day droning in another location.

In my opinion, the main problem with your video is that you want to force things, and I mean: trying to make a video where there isn't one. In your case, I would have opted for taking photos, and I'm sure there are many spectacular ones with that line-up.

What I mean is that you can't stretch anything you see enough to make a video. If it happens to you again, save it, and maybe the time will come when you will have enough material to make a video.

But I insist, this is a personal and totally subjective opinion.

Reactions: veryzebra
In my opinion, the main problem with your video is that you want to force things, and I mean: trying to make a video where there isn't one. In your case, I would have opted for taking photos, and I'm sure there are many spectacular ones with that line-up.

What I mean is that you can't stretch anything you see enough to make a video. If it happens to you again, save it, and maybe the time will come when you will have enough material to make a video.

But I insist, this is a personal and totally subjective opinion.
All good and I appreciate the feedback because I want to improve. Ironically that's exactly what I was thinking when I was flying... like wow there just isn't much here. They make a killing because of the location but there just isn't that much there. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas