DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you buy a spark?

Beeing a mavic owner i could buy a Spark if i have nothing better to do with that money. Wich is very difficult to happen.

Either way, It's a very good option for those that havent a drone yet.

Reactions: Blades
I think if I went for a Spark I wouldn't bother with the next Mavic Pro and go back to the Phantom series to get that 1 inch sensor. I bet DJI product management did all kinds of analysis to work out which of their existing customers would go for a Spark instead of something else in the product line.

Reactions: Blades
Nope! Well maybe in a year and that goes for the DJI goggles also. Not till I find out about all this firmware stuff that DJI will be doing. It does read the Spark can go 1.2 miles but I am sure thats out of the guidelines visual line-of-sight. Will they limit that at some point? Just going to wait it out for now.

They touched on the geospatial idea in the Spark announcement, seemed to be a glorified flysafe function with temporary controls over sports stadiums on match day etc. I also wonder if its related to the news a week back that DJI was working on preventing their drones being used in war zones for dropping bombs on people. Lets hope its no more than that.

Reactions: Mjonesy758
Same here, friend ordered one for work and I just threw one in too for the kicks because why not, curiosity wins. Can resell anyway if needed.

I ordered one just because it looks neat but I'll most likely end up giving it to my daughter. Kinda has a girl quality about it so I think she'll really enjoy it.

same
I ordered one just because it looks neat but I'll most likely end up giving it to my daughter. Kinda has a girl quality about it so I think she'll really enjoy it.
here ordered one will check it out fior fun is it ever arrives then when i go to Thailand will juts give it to the other half let her have some fun with it

Now if they were to come up with a high quality nano sized drone for indoor flying... I'd buy that just for the fun of it. Especially if it came bundled with goggles.

That is super nerdy. And I wish I'd thought of it. That sounds incredibly fun.

No one wanted seat belts put in cars either because of the intrusion. So who doesn't put their seatbelt on today because of safety? Drone flying has been the equalivent of the Wild West as shown by that Karma drone crashing into the stadium this week. We may not like it but geospatial rules may be the only thing that ultimately saves this hobby.

I won't be getting one. It makes sense for the market they are targeting, but I just don't happen to be in the market for a selfie drone.

If the Spark was out when I bought the Mavic... I would have bought the Spark.
BUT, now that I have a Mavic (and love it) I wouldn't buy a Spark. There is no need.

I do hope the Mavic gets the intelligent flight modes on the Spark. Kind of silly we don't have them already.
I'm also increasingly getting annoyed at how DJI is handling the firmware updates and the controls they seem to be pushing on us. That may sour me on the whole company. We'll see how it plays out...

Was wondering the same. Seems the Mavic has all the sensors it needs to enable the hand commands and additional flight modes.

No one wanted seat belts put in cars either because of the intrusion. So who doesn't put their seatbelt on today because of safety? Drone flying has been the equalivent of the Wild West as shown by that Karma drone crashing into the stadium this week. We may not like it but geospatial rules may be the only thing that ultimately saves this hobby.

Did the auto makers cripple your already purchased car if you didn't retrofit it with seat belts?

No, they didn't. What DJI is doing is fine provided that the functionality is there when you buy it. Limiting a product AFTER purchase is wrong in every single way. No way would I have purchased the Mavic Pro had I known this was going to be the end result. I fly with the rules, I am out in the middle of nowhere most of the time. Again, crippling things after purchase is wrong.

Reactions: Mavman and wayy510
Considering ordering one, only thing holding me back is lack of DNG support for stills. I appreciate its for fun, but come on ;-)

Are you guys ordering the fly more combo or the standard offering?

I'm getting the Fly None Combo. I have no use for it and $500 is too much for a toy drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer