DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you do this with your Mavic 2 Pro and a strobe???

agreed the light from that strobe will cause the sensor to malfunction
Well, I have reviewed all of the comments on this thread and it looks like it is the general consensus not to put the Firehouse strobe on the bottom of the Mavic 2 Pro. I cannot see it if I put it on the top, so where else would you put it? Can I put it one one of the front arms? Would that unbalance the drone?

Well, I have reviewed all of the comments on this thread and it looks like it is the general consensus not to put the Firehouse strobe on the bottom of the Mavic 2 Pro. I cannot see it if I put it on the top, so where else would you put it? Can I put it one one of the front arms? Would that unbalance the drone?
If you put it fairly close to the body it will be fine,get another one and put one on each arm if you are worried

How do you know? The sensor has a clear shot of the downward view except maybe a bit forward.
Dale D, I have the same firehouse arc strobe mounted with Velcro exactly where you have yours mounted and have no interference of the sensor. It works great because you can see the strobe from very far away and from almost any angle except from above. I have a red strobe mounted on top for that.

Dale D, I have the same firehouse arc strobe mounted with Velcro exactly where you have yours mounted and have no interference of the sensor. It works great because you can see the strobe from very far away and from almost any angle except from above. I have a red strobe mounted on top for that.
So Rockycat--you would. disagree with the other comments that it would interfere with the front downward facing the sensor? You have actually flown your drone with the sensor on the bottom, just behind the gimbal and in front of (anterior to) the sensor? That would really make life easier for me if I knew others had done it without losing signal or actually losing the drone!
Dale

Reactions: old man mavic
So I am still learning about my new Mavic 2 Pro , which I took possession of a few weeks ago. I bought a Firehouse three light Trobe for my Mavic Air, and I am now trying to move it over to the new Mavic 2 Pro. There is only one single place on the bottom of the M2P to place the Velcro so I placed it there. It is very close to the Gimbal and the bottom sensor but there is still plenty of room for the gimbal to move and for the sensor to sense. I am attaching a few photos. I have not tested it yet, but I am taking these images and running by you all on the forum. Fly with Firehouse attached here nor not fly with the Firehouse here? Using 3M Dual lock Velcro. The gimbal is totally unimpaired into range of movements.View attachment 87927View attachment 87928View attachment 87928

How about running your strobe while doing an IMU calibration connected to the computer to test the effect it has?

I was really surprised to see a video feed appear via each sensor when I did this. If the downward sensor looks different to the side sensors then you’ll have a good idea of what effect it is having.

Dale, I purchased the ARC Navigation Strobe Lighting Kit from Firehouse Technology and 4 mounts from www.djidronehelp.com. Mike Singer was very helpful and I am very pleased with the combination. The ARCs go in the mounts which clip on to the M2P arms. I have momentarily lost sight of the M2P when I glance down at the SC....these accessories make reacquiring the M2P's location much easier.

Reactions: old man mavic
So Rockycat--you would. disagree with the other comments that it would interfere with the front downward facing the sensor? You have actually flown your drone with the sensor on the bottom, just behind the gimbal and in front of (anterior to) the sensor? That would really make life easier for me if I knew others had done it without losing signal or actually losing the drone!
Dale
Dale d, Yes I fly with the strobe in this position. I made sure the placement is biased forward. Meaning it overhangs very slightly toward the front of the AC under the gimbal.
I have flown 10 to 15 flights with this set up and haven't had any warnings on screen, or any adverse flight conditions. I don't fly beyond VLOS, out to maybe 1000 yards or so, and this strobe is just fantastic to locate your AC. It's very easy to reacquire your bird when you look up from checking your screen.
Give it a try Dale D, I think you'll like it.

Dale d, Yes I fly with the strobe in this position. I made sure the placement is biased forward. Meaning it overhangs very slightly toward the front of the AC under the gimbal.
I have flown 10 to 15 flights with this set up and haven't had any warnings on screen, or any adverse flight conditions. I don't fly beyond VLOS, out to maybe 1000 yards or so, and this strobe is just fantastic to locate your AC. It's very easy to reacquire your bird when you look up from checking your screen.
Give it a try Dale D, I think you'll like it.
you must have very good eyesight i would not be able to see my MPP at 3000 ft plus

Only way I can see it at this distance is with the strobe.
you still have amazing eyesight i have the lume cube strobe anti collision light fitted to my MM underneath ,and even a thousand ft away i struggle to see it especially in sunny conditions it is better if it is cloudy or overcast, but at 3000ft i not only would not be able to see the lights, i would not be able to see the drone either

you still have amazing eyesight i have the lume cube strobe anti collision light fitted to my MM underneath ,and even a thousand ft away i struggle to see it especially in sunny conditions it is better if it is cloudy or overcast, but at 3000ft i not only would not be able to see the lights, i would not be able to see the drone either
I can't see the AC, but I can see the strobe. These strobes have some pop.

I use 4 of the ARC2s... a bit different... put fronts on the legs and tears on the arms. Apologies if this is a duplicate.
70783E27-57FF-4AE8-9AD9-4973B629AE57.jpeg

So I am still learning about my new Mavic 2 Pro , which I took possession of a few weeks ago. I bought a Firehouse three light Trobe for my Mavic Air, and I am now trying to move it over to the new Mavic 2 Pro. There is only one single place on the bottom of the M2P to place the Velcro so I placed it there. It is very close to the Gimbal and the bottom sensor but there is still plenty of room for the gimbal to move and for the sensor to sense. I am attaching a few photos. I have not tested it yet, but I am taking these images and running by you all on the forum. Fly with Firehouse attached here nor not fly with the Firehouse here? Using 3M Dual lock Velcro. The gimbal is totally unimpaired into range of movements.View attachment 87927View attachment 87928View attachment 87928
One other thing you could try before flying is to run the sensor calibration with the DJI Assistant software on a computer. This tests & calibrates all of the visual sensors and it might tell you if there is an issue with that one.

i personally am not a fan of leg extenders ,the reason being that if at some point the drone had a hard landing for some reason the front ones increase the moment arm of the antenna mounts and the ones on the rear arms put extra stress on the pivot point stops on the body of the drone this is only my opinion and of course it is up to people to do what they feel happy with

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde