DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you do this with your Mavic 2 Pro and a strobe???

i personally am not a fan of leg extenders ,the reason being that if at some point the drone had a hard landing for some reason the front ones increase the moment arm of the antenna mounts and the ones on the rear arms put extra stress on the pivot point stops on the body of the drone this is only my opinion and of course it is up to people to do what they feel happy with
I use them to keep the camera out of the grass or short vegetation. But then again, I manually land and do it gently. In the event of a hard landing, I see your point.

Reactions: old man mavic
I use them to keep the camera out of the grass or short vegetation. But then again, I manually land and do it gently. In the event of a hard landing, I see your point.

Eric, isn't he manual mavic just auto landing anyway ?
I don't know a way to land a DJI consumer drone other than left stick down and then it takes over near the end.
That might be what you mean.

AFAIK, the only hard landing you will get is perhaps when there are gusty winds at ground level upsetting the natural landing process.

I have leg extenders, have used them once.
Can't be ars....bothered fitting them really, just hand launch or catch if the ground is unsuitable.

And yes, after some recent high wind hand catching, THAT can be dodgy too !!
Have to wait until you think there is a slight lull, then get in there fast and grasp !!

For the first time, I clipped a finger tip on Friday, lol . . . so lightly, but it gave me a little wake up to watch it in future.

Eric, isn't he manual mavic just auto landing anyway ?
I don't know a way to land a DJI consumer drone other than left stick down and then it takes over near the end.
That might be what you mean.

AFAIK, the only hard landing you will get is perhaps when there are gusty winds at ground level upsetting the natural landing process.

I have leg extenders, have used them once.
Can't be ars....bothered fitting them really, just hand launch or catch if the ground is unsuitable.

And yes, after some recent high wind hand catching, THAT can be dodgy too !!
Have to wait until you think there is a slight lull, then get in there fast and grasp !!

For the first time, I clipped a finger tip on Friday, lol . . . so lightly, but it gave me a little wake up to watch it in future.
I think you are correct....when I get within a certain height above my landing zone, my M2P seems to take over. I prefer to do the positioning to ensure the camera remains untouched.

I have thought about hand catching but am not comfortable with possibly cutting myself.....potential medical issue with that.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
i use a landing mat does the same thing,i agree that the mav does not land on its own, unless it is on a RTH, and even then it will stop and hover, if it does not like whats underneath it i very rarely use RTH myself, and prefer to do a manual landing when i can, my comment was the fact that the extenders do place added stress on the antenna legs and the rear arms

Last edited:
So I am still learning about my new Mavic 2 Pro , which I took possession of a few weeks ago. I bought a Firehouse three light Trobe for my Mavic Air, and I am now trying to move it over to the new Mavic 2 Pro. There is only one single place on the bottom of the M2P to place the Velcro so I placed it there. It is very close to the Gimbal and the bottom sensor but there is still plenty of room for the gimbal to move and for the sensor to sense. I am attaching a few photos. I have not tested it yet, but I am taking these images and running by you all on the forum. Fly with Firehouse attached here nor not fly with the Firehouse here? Using 3M Dual lock Velcro. The gimbal is totally unimpaired into range of movements.View attachment 87927View attachment 87928View attachment 87928
Get the strobe brackets for mounting on fold out legs of the drone from aerial pixel I think easy on and off

So I am still learning about my new Mavic 2 Pro , which I took possession of a few weeks ago. I bought a Firehouse three light Trobe for my Mavic Air, and I am now trying to move it over to the new Mavic 2 Pro. There is only one single place on the bottom of the M2P to place the Velcro so I placed it there. It is very close to the Gimbal and the bottom sensor but there is still plenty of room for the gimbal to move and for the sensor to sense. I am attaching a few photos. I have not tested it yet, but I am taking these images and running by you all on the forum. Fly with Firehouse attached here nor not fly with the Firehouse here? Using 3M Dual lock Velcro. The gimbal is totally unimpaired into range of movements.View attachment 87927View attachment 87928View attachment 87928
I have I think the same ones attached to my drone using Velcro

That Velcro is TALL!... what about some double sided 3M foam tape? (only 1 mm thick or so)... lower the height and lower the possibility it is in the field of view of the sensor?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
That Velcro is TALL!... what about some double sided 3M foam tape? (only 1 mm thick or so)... lower the height and lower the possibility it is in the field of view of the sensor?

Indeed, just went back for a look in post 1.
Most velcro is a lot lower profile, but yes you do have the 2 layers.
Mine sit a lot closer / lower, and very secure.

But east to remove strobe for change out, or charging, which is probably why Velcro is preferred by most rather than a permanent tape or strong urethane glue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silfumus