DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you support a lawsuit over Remote ID?

Would you support a lawsuit over Remote ID?

• I would support a lawsuit over remote ID with donations

Votes: 77 37.4%
  • I support a lawsuit over Remote ID but not enough to give money

Votes: 41 19.9%
  • I don’t care about this issue

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • I like the remote ID rule and I am against a lawsuit

Votes: 70 34.0%

• Total voters
You are sitting on your deck flying your drone totally legally and some crazy person from down the street finds your location based on the broadcast data and blows your brains out with a gun because he thinks you are spying on him.

For FAA and LE it’s the same thing as why wouldn’t you want the government tracking your every moment every day. Would you be ok with a location transmitter in your car? How bout an ankle bracket? It’s a privacy issue.
Ok i do see the problem with my thinking as I have always felt as if the Drone was an Airplane and I am in it. So i never really made the separation to an ankle lock.

As far as the Drone Rage gun shooter coming to get me , that can happen at any time when I launch a drone at the lake in front of the entire beach or the parking lot and although its not out of the question its not viable for me.

I could just as easily create road rage on the highway as I could be careless with my drone and I feel my odds are better that I would experience Road Rage on the Road than flying in the Air .

The question for me is am i willing to give up my location to get the Benefits I want from my drone which is more freedom to make decisions within reason and the answer is YES % 100 .

You mention 4 Year and honestly , were moving much faster than that, I expect BVLOS to be in the ranks very very soon as small business and amazon our going to demand it. Covid may be a factor here.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: Erk469
So now if this whole thing is coming down to the Iphone App that anyone can use , than Yes I can agree with the Phone app should be shut down as it offers more problems than it solves.

Mabye the focus of the Law Suit needs to change to that rather than the Remote ID:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you drone in and out of the Storm.

Reactions: brett8883
So now if this whole thing is coming down to the Iphone App that anyone can use , than Yes I can agree with the Phone app should be shut down as it offers more problems than it solves.

Mabye the focus of the Law Suit needs to change to that rather than the Remote ID:
That’s the focus. The app is part of the Remote ID final rule. We can call it whatever we want but the lawsuit is about the app. Glad to have you on board

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That’s the focus. The app is part of the Remote ID final rule. We can call it whatever we want but the lawsuit is about the app. Glad to have you on board
So if that is the Focus you should consider a Petition rather than a law Suit to shut down the app.
I think you will be able to gain much more momentum with that and it wont require any money to do so , just time and effort to get people to sign it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
So if that is the Focus you should consider a Petition rather than a law Suit to shut down the app.
I think you will be able to gain much more momentum with that and it wont require any money to do so , just time and effort to get people to sign it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
A petition comes after a lawsuit. A petition is something that says you support a lawsuit.

WOW - my bad I thought the Petition came before the lawsuit . Not sure why I thought that but :confused:
Depends on on the type of petition, legal pleadings yes. I took it you were referring to the good old get a heap of people to sign in agreement and then hit up your member of parliament or government agency. No lawsuit necessary in that case.

Depends on on the type of petition, legal pleadings yes. I took it you were referring to the good old get a heap of people to sign in agreement and then hit up your member of parliament or government agency. No lawsuit necessary in that case.
That’s true. That’s another potential avenue that could be taken simultaneously.

Yes that is what i was talking about , im no lawyer but I do see the singed petitions come across my desk and this seems like a perfect resolution to get signatures to see where the Momentum stands .

It would also focus on one particular aspect and define that clearly and why its alarming , which i think this needs. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Yes that is what i was talking about , im no lawyer but I do see the singed petitions come across my desk and this seems like a perfect resolution to get signatures to see where the Momentum stands .

It would also focus on one particular aspect and define that clearly and why its alarming , which i think this needs. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.
Yes I agree. We want the app gone but I think there’s just as many people that want the app gone for safety reasons as people who have privacy concerns. Somehow we have to morph those two ideas into one.

Yes I agree. We want the app gone but I think there’s just as many people that want the app gone for safety reasons as people who have privacy concerns. Somehow we have to morph those two ideas into one.

The reality is that once a young kid / girl or boy gets taken or killed while flying the drone in a field , that app is going to implode on its own. People will crucify the phone app so maybe keep your focus on just that and not the Privacy aspect.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on Water.

The reality is that once a young kid / girl or boy gets taken or killed while flying the drone in a field , that app is going to implode on its own. People will crucify the phone app so maybe keep your focus on just that and not the Privacy aspect.

Phantomrain.org
Oh jeez I didn’t even think about kids being taken...

Phantomrain.org
Well not down playing the severity of the situation where juveniles are involved. But in the United States you must be 16 to legally fly alone, anything younger than that will be with a adult or not alone at least. So yeah, underage but not quite "kids" IMHO. But still a valid point with such information going public.

Yes exactly! There may be better arguments then the one I brought up. This poll is just to find out if there’s support for overturning this part of the rule. A legal argument doesn’t always perfectly line up with the actual reasoning for suit but the intended outcomes are the same.
You have my full support.... Question - how will amazon deliver packages if they have to follow VLOS? Anyone who will use a drone for bad intent will not bother to have remote id. And there will be recreational flyers that will not comply with remote id. Nevertheless; I don't want a pissed off drone hater showing up in my yard because he/she hate drones.

I agree with many of the points raised above, privacy, where to fly etc. I currently have two M1P's that I enjoy flying safely and sanely. If the FAA were to grandfather in older drones (such as most of us have) without the ID than I guess it would be ok

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
You are sitting on your deck flying your drone totally legally and some crazy person from down the street finds your location based on the broadcast data and blows your brains out with a gun because he thinks you are spying on him.

For FAA and LE it’s the same thing as why wouldn’t you want the government tracking your every moment every day. Would you be ok with a location transmitter in your car? How bout an ankle bracket? It’s a privacy issue.
Many cars HAVE location trackers...especially GM. :). It's called On Star. You don't think feds tap into that? NSA? HA. And let's not forget that little device in your pocket.....that has your exact location all the time. In 2021, that is a weak argument and non-relevant.

You have my full support.... Question - how will amazon deliver packages if they have to follow VLOS? Anyone who will use a drone for bad intent will not bother to have remote id. And there will be recreational flyers that will not comply with remote id. Nevertheless; I don't want a pissed off drone hater showing up in my yard because he/she hate drones.
Sigh. Read the new regs before asking. Commercial delivery has a whole set of different rules and processes put in place for BVLOS. I agree though that the location data should be encrypted. Especially that of the pilot, but in terms of delivery services, both pilot and location of UAV should be encrypted. Don't want porch bandits following drones to delivery locations. :). But my take is that it's 3 years away. A LOT can happen and I think a lawsuit is extremely extremely premature.

Reactions: Alpha2Zulu
Many cars HAVE location trackers...especially GM. :). It's called On Star. You don't think feds tap into that? NSA? HA. And let's not forget that little device in your pocket.....that has your exact location all the time. In 2021, that is a weak argument and non-relevant.
They may be able to get that information with a warrant but there’s no legal means for them to obtain it without one and it certainly isn’t broadcast to the general public in real time.

They may be able to get that information with a warrant but there’s no legal means for them to obtain it without one and it certainly isn’t broadcast to the general public in real time.
Missing my point. I think jumping into a lawsuit for something that isn't going to happen as written for 3 more years is premature and reckless. Do you WANT Them to implement harsher conditions like network RID? I think a better approach is one of discussion rather than bringing out a hammer and putting the very people who can make our lives much more miserable on the offensive. Been 3 days. Take a chill pill, wait for things to settle then open a dialog with the FAA (as I'm sure MANY will do...you are not the only one concerned with the broadcast of PIC location).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard