DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOW!! Drone “Warranty” that covers crashes during 1st year.

Sooooooooo........
Has Skydio actually come out with the operational guidelines a pilot needs to follow in order to insure crash protection?

If it has been said before, sorry.
But if you want outside their warranty flight restrictions, they have a "care refresh" so to speak.
$500.

So,
Drone$1000
Beacon $150
Controller $150
Warranty $500

Or a case and all accessories for $1500 and warranty support $500

Not for me

Reactions: GadgetGuy
But if you want outside their warranty flight restrictions, they have a "care refresh" so to speak.
$500.

So,
Drone$1000
Beacon $150
Controller $150
Warranty $500

Not for me
One wouldn't need extra warranty inasmuch as one should stay within flight restrictions, which I have seen on their web site. Sorry, don't ask me for the link, find it somewhere at their web site or call them

The Skydio 2's cameras purportedly collect over 40 MB of environmental information, while DJI's OA only collects 4 MB, so, with 10x more data, they can detect more granular details to avoid finer obstacles. However, the devil is in the details. Skydio 2's warranty against crashing is very restricted when you read the fine print. You have to fly within their still unpublished Flight Guidelines, and you are completely unable to fly when light levels are too low for OA to work, as you cannot turn OA off!
The Skydio2 cameras are not at all similar to DJI avoidance cameras. Skydio uses 6 FISHEYE cameras with AI. The avoidance is truly REMARKABLE! Have a look at te video on their web site where it flys, very fast, through a dense forest. I received an email from them that I should now have it by January 10. It was supposed to ship in November. Given the sophistication of this device, I appreciate that they are taking extra time to make sure it's all OK. I am sure that they're looking a feedback from initial deliveries to address problems and FIX them.

One wouldn't need extra warranty inasmuch as one should stay within flight restrictions, which I have seen on their web site. Sorry, don't ask me for the link, find it somewhere at their web site or call them

Their flight restrictions for their free warranty is more restrictive than normal.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
$500.

So,
Drone$1000
Beacon $150
Controller $150
Warranty $500

Not for me
On their website, this seems to be a 2nd year extended warranty option aimed at their enterprise customers.
"Never miss your shot with Premier Support from Skydio. With Premier support, your one-year warranty becomes a two-year commitment. We'll offer you our priority tier of customer service, so that if you need help with an issue, you can get in contact with us right away. And if something should go wrong, we won't just replace your drone - we'll send you a new one before we even get the old one back, so you can get back to getting the job done."

The Skydio2 cameras are not at all similar to DJI avoidance cameras. Skydio uses 6 FISHEYE cameras with AI. The avoidance is truly REMARKABLE! Have a look at te video on their web site where it flys, very fast, through a dense forest. I received an email from them that I should now have it by January 10. It was supposed to ship in November. Given the sophistication of this device, I appreciate that they are taking extra time to make sure it's all OK. I am sure that they're looking a feedback from initial deliveries to address problems and FIX them.
No disagreement. However, Skydio's free no crash warranty terms would not cover flying 95% of the Skydio 2 videos posted on YT, by reviewers and new owners. If you want the equivalent of DJI Refresh insurance on Skydio 2, it will cost you $500 on a $999 drone. Apparently, they are pricing in the true risk of crashing their "crashless" drone! The delay in delivery is not to make sure everything is OK, or they would not have already started shipping units. The delay is because they haven't figured out mass production, and will likely miss the market because of an inability to do so, before DJI creates a Skydio 2 killer, and mass produces and delivers it before Skydio has even fulfilled their initial Skydio 2 preorders taken in 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: WithTheBirds
No disagreement. However, Skydio's free no crash warranty terms would not cover flying 95% of the Skydio 2 videos posted on YT, by reviewers and new owners. If you want the equivalent of DJI Refresh insurance on Skydio 2, it will cost you $500 on a $999 drone. Apparently, they are pricing in the true risk of crashing their "crashless" drone! The delay in delivery is not to make sure everything is OK, or they would not have already started shipping units. The delay is because they haven't figured out mass production, and will likely miss the market because of an inability to do so, before DJI creates a Skydio 2 killer, and mass produces and delivers it before Skydio has even fulfilled their initial Skydio 2 preorders taken in 2019.
Hopefully you are wrong. Most know the realities here though unfortunately. If the next Movidius offering doesn’t match or better the performance of the NVIDIA Tegra TX2 DJI will be buying in the best OA solution on offer. If DJI could come up with the tech in house they would, next best option is to go to the market for the best off the shelf solution. DJI are the masters in high volume low cost production and will buy in whatever the best available tech is to crush and potential competitor f they can get away with it.

Hopefully you are wrong. Most know the realities here though unfortunately. If the next Movidius offering doesn’t match or better the performance of the NVIDIA Tegra TX2 DJI will be buying in the best OA solution on offer. If DJI could come up with the tech in house they would, next best option is to go to the market for the best off the shelf solution. DJI are the masters in high volume low cost production and will buy in whatever the best available tech is to crush and potential competitor f they can get away with it.
Competition is good. If Skydio pushes DJI to keep up, we all benefit!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint