DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrap grade vs Wet Suit

sage32

Reactions
Recently I purchased the Wrap Grade for my Mavic 2 and the Wet Suit .

Thought I would post the Pros and Cons.

Wrap Grade is cheaper but not by much.
Wrap Grade is Shiny and looks new and bright
Wrap Grade requires hours of Prep to put on with some specialized tools.
If you make a mistake , it cannot be fixed and the material is very very thin and unforgiving.

The Wrap Grade offers a beautiful visual and offers scratch protection.

In all honesty had I spent a few more hours going slower I would have had a better result, the Hot Gun is tricky to work with and can leave some holes , a single hole can than continue to tear.

My end result was a torn wrap with bigger holes.
Customer Service was slow and awkward.

The Wet Suit

The Wet Suit is more expensive but not my much.
Wet Suit has a much more professional look , its not shiny.
I was able to install the Wet Suit and the entire install took about 10 minutes as the material is much easier to work with and very forgiving.

As I put on the Wet Suit everything just made sense as to why and what it does, although i did not purchase it fro fly in the rain at first.
For starters the feel of the Wet Suit feels good in the hands, i dont feel like it can slip when it s 100 degrees in the soy fields.

I use the Vent Covers to protect from Dust getting inside the drone , and on occasion when it drizzles the Battery covers our a nice added benefit to have . I have also noticed the Neoprene does not collect the film of Pesticides that the Wrap did and my only wish is that the Wet Suit covered every part of the Drone.

As part of the Forum Special I received Two different color designs a Red and Blue version , The blue is what i decided on as it looks really bright as it gets darker .

Overall its a great utility tool for all encounters with your drone and if you have to fly in the rain, the wet suit give you some added benefits that you might not know you even needed.

Customer service was excellent , I received a video for install that was easy to follow and realistic .

The added Functionality of the Wet Suit and that easy install far outweighs the additional price.

Sage.

If you make a mistake , it cannot be fixed and the material is very very thin and unforgiving.

In all honesty had I spent a few more hours going slower I would have had a better result, the Hot Gun is tricky to work with and can leave some holes , a single hole can than continue to tear.

The Wet Suit

I was able to install the Wet Suit and the entire install took about 10 minutes as the material is much easier to work with and very forgiving.

As I put on the Wet Suit everything just made sense as to why and what it does, although i did not purchase it fro fly in the rain at first.
For starters the feel of the Wet Suit feels good in the hands, i dont feel like it can slip when it s 100 degrees in the soy fields.

I use the Vent Covers to protect from Dust getting inside the drone , and on occasion when it drizzles the Battery covers our a nice added benefit to have . I have also noticed the Neoprene does not collect the film of Pesticides that the Wrap did and my only wish is that the Wet Suit covered every part of the Drone.

As part of the Forum Special I received Two different color designs a Red and Blue version , The blue is what i decided on as it looks really bright as it gets darker .

Overall its a great utility tool for all encounters with your drone and if you have to fly in the rain, the wet suit give you some added benefits that you might not know you even needed.

Customer service was excellent , I received a video for install that was easy to follow and realistic .

The added Functionality of the Wet Suit and that easy install far outweighs the additional price.

Sage.

The Wrap Grade has one outstanding benefit and that is to make the drone look amazing as if its made out of glass but other than that is has no extended purpose or function..

The Mavic Wet Suits offer Form and Function , one of those being to protect your drones from the elements and your video of the Mavic flying thru the Pesticedes spray was something I have never seen before, was wondering if I could post that video on our site or the forum. Thank you for the review sage.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Just wondered what “special tools” you need for the wrapgrade skin?
I used none, took my time and have a nicely skinned drone. As for customer service, they’ve pointed out when I was able to get a discount and applied it without being asked. They sent me some extra battery skins for the mp2 in error. The replacement mp battery skins were dispatched quickly.
If you want a drone that looks good wrapgrade get my recommendation.

The Wet Suit

Sage.
So do you have both on and does it over heat

The Wet Suit

Sage.

Hello. I'm 69 yrs old. What Wrap Grade skin color would be best for maximum visibility for these ole eyes!

I have strobes on my MA but I would like to still make it more visible!

Thx

Welcome to the forum. If like me different colors stand out more. Go to a paint store where they have those color charts and stand back and blink your eyes and see which one you pick up the fastest .
That be it .

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum. If like me different colors stand out more. Go to a paint store where they have those color charts and stand back and blink your eyes and see which one you pick up the fastest .
That be it .
... and keep in mind that beyond 400-500’ you may not be able to see the color anyway. As above... pick the on that stands out from the sky ... to you... in the conditions you usually have for flight.

Reactions: dirkclod
Great review. Just what I needed to know about each. The wrap looks great, but I'm more after protection from elements, mostly sand.

No plans to do that. I'm not really that concerned since I have a landing pad and not landing on the sand directly. But I was contacted by the seller of the Mavic Wet Suit who says it helps keep sand out as well as water. I wondered what other do for dust/sand or if that is even a concern

No plans to do that. I'm not really that concerned since I have a landing pad and not landing on the sand directly. But I was contacted by the seller of the Mavic Wet Suit who says it helps keep sand out as well as water. I wondered what other do for dust/sand or if that is even a concern

Hand TOs and landings, never touch the sand.

Gonna have to google some videos on hand catching and takeoffs

I just wanted to add to my post that I have been flying inn the rain and over the vegetation fields for quite a few months now and everything is working fine and I am flying with confidence which took awhile.

I do not do anything special to the drone after the flight and its ready to go the next time I fly. When I am flying low and I am directly in the sun light it is easier to see the Wet Suit than the Wrap as I have them both and the sun reflects off the wrap so what you see is the reflection of sun light but not the drone.
I find with the wet suit I can still see the drone if it is facing me or turning slowly which helps me focus on the drone getting low and flying inside the rows to take pictures and record.

On really hot days under the direct sun the wet suit material stays cooler than the vinyl parts and the only thing i wish is that the Wet Suit covered more of the drone.

Sage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM