DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WTG DJI. Mavic 2 on time.

Former Member

Reactions
I have to say that I am so pleasantly surprised in how DJI has stepped up its game and started shipping orders shortly after payment has been made, just like every other business does. My nightmare of the 2016 Mavic Pro release and respective delay fiasco was still fresh in my mind when I ordered the 2 new M2's, but this time DJI did it right. The recent one month delay, for whatever reason, may have helped to build up inventory, and now they are ready to ship.

Although, according to my poll, DJI has shipped only 20% of orders, they have gotten much better with their distribution to retailers and Mavic 2's have already shown up in stock at some places.

Note to DJI: This is exactly the way to treat your loyal, repeat customers; quick shipping is a good start. Now let's work on your communication and tech support issues.

Kudos!

Last edited:
That got me thinking. If they took the 1 month delay on release to build up inventory, wouldn't it mean it wasn't a manufacturing defect? A manufacturing defect would've hold manufacturing till they find a solution and fix the defect on existing inventory first?

That got me thinking. If they took the 1 month delay on release to build up inventory, wouldn't it mean it wasn't a manufacturing defect? A manufacturing defect would've hold manufacturing till they find a solution and fix the defect on existing inventory first?

It's still unclear to me what the real story is/was for the delay. Thus, for whatever reason, DJI is shipping on time. Im not convinced the problem was a manufacturing defect, I have seen no proof of this aside from speculation. DJI's reason was "to ensure the company can “exceed customers’ expectations for our technology by the time of the event… and deliver according to our standard of innovation.” That message is cryptic but I took it to mean that they were updating DJI Go 4 or something similar so that there were reduced app and firmware problems. DJI may never admit to what really happened.

In any case, Im glad DJI is shipping, and every member I have spoken with is happy to receive their product.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure