DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wunderphone ??? For Mavic 2

Dan

Reactions
We'll the $49 Huawei Ascend XT2 unfortunately does not work with the Mavic 2 Zoom, but works great with my original Mavic Pro.

Anyone found a sub $100 phone to use as dedicated device for their Mavic 2 ? To label as the new Mavic 2 Wunderphone...

We'll the $49 Huawei Ascend XT2 unfortunately does not work with the Mavic 2 Zoom, but works great with my original Mavic Pro.
That sounds odd, since both drones use the same app.
The phone has to work with the app - not the drone.

Yeah but the M2 transmits higher quality full HD video, and decoding that probably overpowers the phone that was juuuust OK with the M1. It's known that it puts more strain on devices.

Honestly I just bought an used iPhone 7 Plus on Swappa to use exclusively with my M2P. While I’m an Android user on my daily phoneI have to admit I’ve found the DJI Go 4 App to work better with iOS.

Honestly I just bought an used iPhone 7 Plus on Swappa to use exclusively with my M2P. While I’m an Android user on my daily phoneI have to admit I’ve found the DJI Go 4 App to work better with iOS.
To be more accurate, you've found the DJI Go 4 App to work better with your new iOS phone than your old Android phone.
It's the device that's the issue, not the operating system.

To be more accurate, you've found the DJI Go 4 App to work better with your new iOS phone than your old Android phone.
It's the device that's the issue, not the operating system.
I actually used it with my Note 9 as well as with a Google Pixel 2 XL and would experience random RC to Phone disconnect or black screens mid flight plenty of times. Have not had that happen while on an iOS device ever. Trust me wish it wasn't the case but it has been my experience.

I actually used it with my Note 9 as well as with a Google Pixel 2 XL and would experience random RC to Phone disconnect or black screens mid flight plenty of times. Have not had that happen while on an iOS device ever. Trust me wish it wasn't the case but it has been my experience.
So out of hundreds of possible Android devices, you've tested and had poor results with three.
I guess that proves it. Android is no good for flying.
I just don't know how to explain my experience of flawless performance with two Android tablets you didn't try.

So out of hundreds of possible Android devices, you've tested and had poor results with three.
I guess that proves it. Android is no good for flying.
I just don't know how to explain my experience of flawless performance with two Android tablets you didn't try.

I guess some people have nothing better to do than to try to pick fights online...

I shared my experience with iOS vs Android devices on the DJI Go 4 App. Period. Never said Android is no good for flying nor that you can’t have flawless performance with an Android. Would never say that considering Crystal Sky monitors run on Android. Just shared my experience which is what I thought we do in this forum. But there’s Always a smartass.

I guess some people have nothing better to do than to try to pick fights online...
But there’s Always a smartass.
There's a pervasive forum myth that DJI Go 4 only runs properly on iOS devices.
Your posts (maybe unintentionally) just add to that myth.
I have to admit I’ve found the DJI Go 4 App to work better with iOS.
Have not had that happen while on an iOS device ever. Trust me wish it wasn't the case but it has been my experience.

Just shared my experience which is what I thought we do in this forum.
Just as I was adding my experience to provide some balance and dispel the myth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown