DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw Oscillation with Litchi?

CNEEL89

Reactions
I've been messing around with Litchi on my MA2 for a while now, but continue getting frustrated with a problem I encounter using waypoints. When I set up a waypoint mission, the AC flies the waypoints correctly, but the yaw varies wildly in between, making my videos/timelapses useless.

Does anyone know why this continues to happen? All other controls are fine, and the heading is correct at the waypoint, but in transition I get constant heading swings, up to 10 degrees or so, back and forth.

I've been messing around with Litchi on my MA2 for a while now, but continue getting frustrated with a problem I encounter using waypoints. When I set up a waypoint mission, the AC flies the waypoints correctly, but the yaw varies wildly in between, making my videos/timelapses useless.

Does anyone know why this continues to happen? All other controls are fine, and the heading is correct at the waypoint, but in transition I get constant heading swings, up to 10 degrees or so, back and forth.
Litchi waypoint missions for the MA2 use a method called "Virtual Sticks". Virtual Sticks means that instead of uploading the mission parameters to the drone before the flight begins, the mission is computed and sent to the drone in real time during the course of the flight. As a result, your phone/tablet running Litchi is doing this computation in real time and transferring the flight path, yaw values, camera pitch, etc. to the drone as it flies.

It is possible that your phone/tablet is unable to perform all of the necessary computations in real time and as a result, you get jerky yaw movements. Are you flying with a modern and powerful phone or tablet?

It's a flaw in the virtualstick vs gimbal implemetation in firmware. It seems to vary from drone to drone. Some (very few) report good results, I havnt been able to get smooth results without putting the gimbal in an undocumented mode.

I don't now any phone that's not up to the task, since there is very little calcs, unless it runs into swapping memory. Update freq is only 10hz. Good connection between rc and ac is very important though.

I found that recalibration of compass and imu can help, but I doubt you will get perfect results. Ionly seen one clip from mini1 that looked good.

Slow yaw movements is where I found it most disturbing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan