DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellow flash during flight

The yellow flashing status light either indicates "Slow Flashing", is an indication of no GPS and/or Downward vision system is malfunctioning.

"Fast Flashing" indicates remote control signal lost.

Looks like its probably flashing slowly, Check your gps signals on the Go app and make sure all of your sensor windows (forward and downward sensing) are clean AND you have removed the protective film off of them.

Where are you launching from? Clear skies?

The yellow flashing status light either indicates "Slow Flashing", is an indication of no GPS and/or Downward vision system is malfunctioning.

Looks like its probably flashing slowly, Check your gps signals on the Go app and make sure all of your sensor windows (forward and downward sensing) are clean AND you have removed the protective film off of them.

I have fixed it . The props were just off balance

^^^^ This is incorrect..
The slow yellow indicates excessive vibration detected... This can be caused by high winds AND prop imbalance. This is not always a critical error but if it occurs on a calm day I would swap props for new and retest.. <<< This is exactly why the above poster errors was resolved by new props.

^^^^ This is incorrect..
The slow yellow indicates excessive vibration detected... This can be caused by high winds AND prop imbalance. This is not always a critical error but if it occurs on a calm day I would swap props for new and retest.. <<< This is exactly why the above poster errors was resolved by new props.

Did you consider checking the manual before posting?

Mavic Pro manual v2 page 12.

screenshot249.jpg

Have you CONSIDERED its not documented well? Three yellow blinks while in flight means excess vibration... DO YOUR RESEARCH :p

From another forum BUT its ALSO in a few other places.
"
I THINK its definitely 3 quick flashes , but I found an old tread that dji engineers are aware of it. this was the answer of dji susan:
Confirm with our engineers that triple yellow LEDs appear when high-frequency vibration was detected by aircraft IMU. During the flight, the high propeller rotate speed and propeller vibration will result in excessive body vibration.

and this is what should be done:

The excessive aircraft vibration will alert the IMU. I would recommend you to fly smoothly. No worries.

now my question is now to the moderators:

are the engineers still working for a solution and improve this with another firmware update? "

Have you CONSIDERED its not documented well? Three yellow blinks while in flight means excess vibration... DO YOUR RESEARCH :p

From another forum BUT its ALSO in a few other places.
"
I THINK its definitely 3 quick flashes , but I found an old tread that dji engineers are aware of it. this was the answer of dji susan:
Confirm with our engineers that triple yellow LEDs appear when high-frequency vibration was detected by aircraft IMU. During the flight, the high propeller rotate speed and propeller vibration will result in excessive body vibration.

and this is what should be done:

The excessive aircraft vibration will alert the IMU. I would recommend you to fly smoothly. No worries.

now my question is now to the moderators:

are the engineers still working for a solution and improve this with another firmware update? "

The comment you responded to was not about 3 quick flashes. The OP described it as "The yellow flash slowly like the green one as before." That's not a triple flash. Your post, above, stated "The slow yellow indicates excessive vibration detected". That's not a quick triple flash either, so your statement was completely incorrect - slow yellow flashing means exactly what it says above - no GPS or VPS. The documentation is correct.

So apparently you not only didn't read what the OP wrote, but you didn't even read what you subsequently wrote before jumping all over @Flycaster's post.

Here we go... Jesus... I didn't "jump" on ANYONE I just stated it was incorrect..
I came to MY conclusion based on reading the ENTIRE thread and MANY other threads on MANY other forums.. Then I ADDED it to MY experience. that = my response. I am sorry if I "triggered" you... I meant no harm. Just because I just joined and started flying Mavics does not mean I have zero experience (I have been flying quads since before they were mainstream).. I have worked as a EE/embedded software engineer for 20+ years and I am rather good at poking around the net for answers....OH and yes I should have said THREE slow yellows! << My bad!:)

Here we go... Jesus... I didn't "jump" on ANYONE I just stated it was incorrect..
I came to MY conclusion based on reading the ENTIRE thread and MANY other threads on MANY other forums.. Then I ADDED it to MY experience. that = my response. I am sorry if I "triggered" you... I meant no harm. Just because I just joined and started flying Mavics does not mean I have zero experience (I have been flying quads since before they were mainstream).. I have worked as a EE/embedded software engineer for 20+ years and I am rather good at poking around the net for answers....OH and yes I should have said THREE slow yellows! << My bad!:)

OK - if you want to make any sense at all then you need to clarify. First you said "slow yellow flashing", then you said "three fast yellow flashes", and now you are saying "three slow yellow flashes". Which is it?

I don't care where you got your information - what you posted was incorrect and misleading. No one said that you "meant any harm".

Reactions: dirkclod
OK, you solved and corrected said mystery! Serve yourself a chicken dinner and relax!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000