DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellow Master Air Screws for MA2

JayTea26

Reactions
I was asked to write a review on their web site. I think others here may be interested in what I think.

I purchased the yellow blades for my Mavic Air 2 about three weeks ago. I got them a few days ago. The leading and trailing edge were “rough” unfinished. It seemed like the needed a good sanding. Of course, I refuse to put them on my $1K drone. I am frequently on Mavic Pilots forum and saw many complaints there.
I was glad to notice they had a USA office. I just purchased again the $25 props in black. I hope they are in a finished state. In my order I explained everything and asked for a little discount. No reply to date. Their RMA process is overly complex and I had no desire to spend time doing a return and be further aggravated.

Beware of this company. I’ll update it I hear anything or the black ones are finished state. I’m posting this on Mavic Air Forum so all an know how upset I am.

I was asked to write a review on their web site. I think others here may be interested in what I think.

I purchased the yellow blades for my Mavic Air 2 about three weeks ago. I got them a few days ago. The leading and trailing edge were “rough” unfinished. It seemed like the needed a good sanding. Of course, I refuse to put them on my $1K drone. I am frequently on Mavic Pilots forum and saw many complaints there.
I was glad to notice they had a USA office. I just purchased again the $25 props in black. I hope they are in a finished state. In my order I explained everything and asked for a little discount. No reply to date. Their RMA process is overly complex and I had no desire to spend time doing a return and be further aggravated.

Beware of this company. I’ll update it I hear anything or the black ones are finished state. I’m posting this on Mavic Air Forum so all an know how upset I am.
Funny, had similar experience. Ordered MA2 Props when they first became available... Finally arrived the 2nd week of January. First thing I noticed is I couldn’t get them out of the bag! Then I saw the air foils!! Like you I wouldn’t put them on my drone. I contacted MAS 3 times and never heard back... Then MAS sent a request for a review... So, I gave them an honest review... Which I noticed did not make it to their website‘s posted reviews! Oh well, received a refund through my credit card by taking exception to the charge and providing photos... Learned my lesson, OEMs from now on.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayTea26
This is a shame. I've heard so many great things on here about MAS for the MP and M2 I've been chomping at the bit for them to become available on the MA2. Thankfully I really wanted the red ones that were always out of stock so I've had time to see the complaints being posted here. Now I'm gunshy about them.

I just got the black ones. They were better than expected. In the early days, we had to balance our new props. But when tested they seem to perform okay, including running on a smooth surface to see if the Air 2 crept in any direction, which it did not. Also did a quick flight on a very windy day and that went okay, and they seemed a bit quiteter. However, trying to contact them, with a couple of emails, regarding a question about their props, and the fact my order label had been created but sat in the post office for days before the props were actually shipped were never answered. I noted that in my review. I think as a small business and with all else going on these days, they are probably overwhelmed, at least I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time.

Funny, had similar experience. Ordered MA2 Props when they first became available... Finally arrived the 2nd week of January. First thing I noticed is I couldn’t get them out of the bag! Then I saw the air foils!! Like you I wouldn’t put them on my drone. I contacted MAS 3 times and never heard back... Then MAS sent a request for a review... So, I gave them an honest review... Which I noticed did not make it to their website‘s posted reviews! Oh well, received a refund through my credit card by taking exception to the charge and providing photos... Learned my lesson, OEMs from now on.
Same situation here with quality and more with return authorization. I gave a one star rating and stated the facts, we will see if it gets posted. Also commented to their YouTube channel, maybe I will get a response from that....

I bought a pair of the orange blades for my air 2. Had the same issue with flash oh the blades. After watching 51 Drones video about the vibration, I put the blades on to try. Put the drone on my kitchen island and started the motors, drone almost walked off the island. Tried the OEM blade and steady as a rock. Emailed Master Airscrew on Sunday about the issue. Didn’t hear back by Wednesday so I called the number on their site. Phone rang for quite a while before the voicemail system picked up. Started leaving a message and halfway through a Customer Service rep picked up and helped me out. She said they were aware of the problem and that they had fixed it. They have new blades but were short on boxes. I am supposed to have a new set mailed to me on Monday with no cost. I wish there hadn’t been an issue with them, but I was good with their customer service and how they’re making it right for me.

Okay am I the only one that got good Props?

But of course I got the blue ones. Is there anyone that received bad blue ones?

I have heard of every color but the blue ones so far.

I think as a small business and with all else going on these days, they are probably overwhelmed, at least I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time.

Maybe small as in employees (Rated 11-50), but not in accomplishment and proven track record. They have a issue to be sure, and those that wish to jump ship can certainly do so. All I know is I have been flying their products for 30 years and have never had a issue even once.

If they are even at low number at the 11 employees then factor in Covid, they certainly are jumping through hoops to find this issue and address the probably 100's of customer complaints and emails. While complaints and manufacturing issues are indeed evident. I still say you won't find a better company (USA I might add) that has done more for this industry than them....maybe it's because I am a Veteran, but i don't see all the unnecessary whining and scolding of them...in a nut shell, step back or get your money back or replacements and move on gang IMHO.

We got more to worry about in this world right now than a company with manufacturing issues and "your pretty props" which BTW nobody can see when your flying :p How about some of you guys man up a bit and give them some slack. Tell them that you have bad props but understand circumstances right now, and that you will contact them later for a replacement or refund and go from there with just a RMA number? Let's help America and these fine companies..what say ye?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founded by the U.S. Navy test pilot Frederick Templeton Jamieson (1928-2009), Windsor Propeller company (est.1978) is specialized in manufacturing high quality Model Aircraft propellers from Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite, Maple and Beach wood. All company products are designed and manufactured under the registered brand name MASTER AIRSCREW in California, USA.

First Master Airscrew Propellers developed in 1976​

With more than 3 decades of expertise, Master Airscrew is one of the most recognized brands of Model Aircraft propellers and accessories worldwide. Precisely carved or injection molded, Windsor Propeller's blades have exceptional efficiency and low noise profile.

Master Airscrew - Reborn​

Starting in 2015, we have made a significant investment in brand new, state of the art manufacturing equipment from worlds most renown providers including fully computer operated Injection molding machines, 5 axis milling centers, CNC programed lathes, automated production monitoring and quality control peripheral equipment. We have completely redesigned our manufacturing processes and tooling, having utmost precision of less than ten thousands of an inch. (Remember Folks that these propellors were introduced post COVID as such they probably don't have the correct employees in place...yes their fault for rushing)

Product Range​

Our extensive propeller range comprises as the company has more than 250 different styles and sizes of propellers and sells Master Airscrew products on six continents grouped in 8 product series based on application, size and characteristics. From light electric motors to 4 stroke gas and glow engines, we can satisfy almost every pilot's requirement. Propellers available from 5 to 24 inches in pusher and tractor configurations for twin engine aircrafts and multi copters.

Master Airscrew - Dominant Propellers​

Our products are proudly named Master Airscrew. Originating from the Latin word "Magnus", the word "Master" denotes dominant and great. "Airscrew" is a technical term for a propeller. It is a combination of the two words "Screw" and "Air". Master Airscrew means a dominant, supreme propeller which always outperforms its rivals in any flight or combat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smalls and snapdog
Okay am I the only one that got good Props?

But of course I got the blue ones. Is there anyone that received bad blue ones?

I have heard of every color but the blue ones so far.
I got the orange ones and after some minor cleanup using a small file, they perform great. Drone powered up on the ground doesn’t move or vibrate at all.

After several flights I don’t have any issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato