DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yellowstone investigates drone photo of Grand Prismatic

What are you referring to? My statement was to the likes of you and the others who want to prolong this discussion is: The question is why did he do it and why doesn't the NPS prosecute him. That's the question, did I get it right that time?

That's two questions.

Reactions: Prismatic
Here is another one that say Yellowstone will probably erupt again...........

"Future Volcanic Activity
Will Yellowstone’s volcano erupt again? Over the next thousands to millions of years? Probably. In the next few hundred years? Not likely.
The most likely activity would be lava flows, such as those that occurred after the last major eruption. A lava flow would ooze slowly over months and years, allowing plenty of time for park managers to evaluate the situation and protect people. No scientific evidence indicates such a lava flow will occur soon.
To monitor volcanic and seismic activity in the Yellowstone area the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) was established in 2001. YVO is partnership of scientists from the US Geological Survey, National Park Service, University of Utah, University of Wyoming, University NAVSTAR Consortium (UNAVCO) and the state Geological Surveys of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. YVO scientists monitor Yellowstone volcano with a real time and near real-time monitoring network of 26 seismic stations, 16 GPS receivers, and 11 stream gauging stations. Scientists also collect information is on temperature, chemistry, and gas concentrations at selected hydrothermal features and chloride concentrations in major rivers. A monthly activity summary, real-time monitoring of seismicity and water flow, and near real-time monitoring of ground deformation, can be found at the Yellowstone Volcanic Observatory website."

And the link..........
Volcano - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

As far as the Scientist that Wrongly predicted a runaway atomic explosion, here is the name and an edit from the writings, Of course also a link..........

"The 70th anniversary of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki has reminded me of an extraordinary incident that occurred during the Manhattan Project, when Edward Teller and other physicists feared the fission bomb they were building might incinerate the planet. I heard about the incident in 1991 while preparing for an interview with Hans Bethe, who headed the Manhattan Project’s theoretical division. Teller reportedly did calculations suggesting that a fission explosion might generate heat so intense that it would trigger runaway fusion in the atmosphere. (Ironically, Teller later helped create thermonuclear bombs, in which fission catalyzes a vastly more powerful fusion explosion.) Teller brought his concerns to other physicists, including Bethe, an authority on fusion (and pretty much everything else in nuclear physics)......"

Link;
Bethe, Teller, Trinity and the End of Earth

Man you Physics guys are hard to discuss things with! :D
Do these count as "Citations?"

ETA; in response to your post while I was searching, Teller was a scientist, he did calculations, and he was wrong.

Do I REALLY need to prove scientists once thought the earth was flat, and that scientists one predicted man would never fly, and that more Scientists said space travel was impossible?
I hate that an educated man like yourself would think I made up all this stuff as you suggested..:D

Here is another one that say Yellowstone will probably erupt again...........

"Future Volcanic Activity
Will Yellowstone’s volcano erupt again? Over the next thousands to millions of years? Probably. In the next few hundred years? Not likely.
The most likely activity would be lava flows, such as those that occurred after the last major eruption. A lava flow would ooze slowly over months and years, allowing plenty of time for park managers to evaluate the situation and protect people. No scientific evidence indicates such a lava flow will occur soon.
To monitor volcanic and seismic activity in the Yellowstone area the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) was established in 2001. YVO is partnership of scientists from the US Geological Survey, National Park Service, University of Utah, University of Wyoming, University NAVSTAR Consortium (UNAVCO) and the state Geological Surveys of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. YVO scientists monitor Yellowstone volcano with a real time and near real-time monitoring network of 26 seismic stations, 16 GPS receivers, and 11 stream gauging stations. Scientists also collect information is on temperature, chemistry, and gas concentrations at selected hydrothermal features and chloride concentrations in major rivers. A monthly activity summary, real-time monitoring of seismicity and water flow, and near real-time monitoring of ground deformation, can be found at the Yellowstone Volcanic Observatory website."

And the link..........
Volcano - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

As far as the Scientist that Wrongly predicted a runaway atomic explosion, here is the name and an edit from the writings, Of course also a link..........

"The 70th anniversary of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki has reminded me of an extraordinary incident that occurred during the Manhattan Project, when Edward Teller and other physicists feared the fission bomb they were building might incinerate the planet. I heard about the incident in 1991 while preparing for an interview with Hans Bethe, who headed the Manhattan Project’s theoretical division. Teller reportedly did calculations suggesting that a fission explosion might generate heat so intense that it would trigger runaway fusion in the atmosphere. (Ironically, Teller later helped create thermonuclear bombs, in which fission catalyzes a vastly more powerful fusion explosion.) Teller brought his concerns to other physicists, including Bethe, an authority on fusion (and pretty much everything else in nuclear physics)......"

Link;
Bethe, Teller, Trinity and the End of Earth

Man you Physics guys are hard to discuss things with! :D
Do these count as "Citations?"

ETA; in response to your post while I was searching, Teller was a scientist, he did calculations, and he was wrong.

Ah - so every scoping calculation or hypothesis that doesn't work out is clear evidence to you that science is wrong. That is the scientific method - hypothesize, test and review. The way that you revel in your ignorance and rationalize it as being okay by believing that everyone else is just as wrong as you most of the time is quite mind-blowing.

I completely agree with that article. Where does it say that "Scientists are wrong almost as often as they are right"?

You must not have interpreted this like I did, It was in the short clip;

"That is to say, a well accepted ‘theory’ (framework for understanding/predicting nature) can always be upended with sufficiently compelling contrary evidence."

So I guess that doesnt suggest a 50% /50% if you are one one side or another?

Sorry for the multi posts, I am playing catch up now! :D

Do I REALLY need to prove scientists once thought the earth was flat, and that scientists one predicted man would never fly, and that more Scientists said space travel was impossible?
I hate that an educated man like yourself would think I made up all this stuff as you suggested..:D

See post #44.

Ah - so every scoping calculation or hypothesis that doesn't work out is clear evidence to you that science is wrong. That is the scientific method - hypothesize, test and review. The way that you revel in your ignorance and rationalize it as being okay by believing that everyone else is just as wrong as you most of the time is quite mind-blowing.
Salty said "it's not going to happen" I said it IS, eventually. what is wrong with that?

OK, I am exhausted.
You first implied my comments were made up by me, I try to show you it came from your peers, and I am still dumb? There is no winning this! :D

I'm pretty sure that it was you who said those things. That's what people are saying, anyway...

Salty said "it's not going to happen" I said it IS, eventually. what is wrong with that?

Below is the chain. You disputed his statement that YS is not about to "blow". No one is arguing that it is never going to blow - that's a straw man argument that you constructed, as usual, to try to avoid being wrong.

Unbelievable stupidity....... YS is about to blow the western part of America to smitherines and some silly pencil-necked geek is worrying about one harmless image.
No, it isn’t. That hysteria has pretty well been disproven.
Not according to things I have read recently. There is definite bulging happening, it has even relocated the boundaries of a lake in the park. Over several years of course. A possible eruption is not a matter of "IF" it is a matter of "When"

Reactions: W2EJ
OK, I am exhausted.
You first implied my comments were made up by me, I try to show you it came from your peers, and I am still dumb? There is no winning this! :D

Unable to detect irony, even when followed by "But seriously...", in addition to not understanding science.

That's two questions.

Yes you are right so I will just throw in my hat and get out of this discussion, oh wait though, my hat is not registered or licensed so the FAA might investigate my actions unless I can get the Nancy Pelosi air heads to investigate it before they know what they are to investigate.

Why do you guys support and defend people who break the rules and regualtions of government agenices and the FAA, you defend their actions, don't you understand that is one of the reasons the FEDS are going to come down hard on this hobby if it is not cleaned up.
Dont mind them, if there is a debate, they will always pick the other side. I have to admit, I do it too :D. Its the best way to drag out some valuable information, because some of them are so focused on the win, they will do all the research and link it for you here! LOL!

What are you referring to? My statement was to the likes of you and the others who want to prolong this discussion is: The question is why did he do it and why doesn't the NPS prosecute him. That's the question, did I get it right that time?
The problem is, all he basically did is trespass. The parks have a no drone rule, he broke it. The FAA has not declared that site an NFZ. He will surely get a fine for the violation of park rules. But I doubt that will be a significant fine. ( I agree it should be a significant fine)

...that's a straw man argument that you constructed, as usual, to try to avoid being wrong...

I would like to interrupt the argument briefly to speak up on behalf of straw men everywhere. Do not give up hope. There are many good people who will love you just as you are. Okay, sorry, continue on.

1542675261106.png

So how does that support your “ it’s never going to happen “ theory?

If you're going to use quote marks you should make sure the person you're quoting actually said what you claim they said.

You have an odd way of misreading things, which makes it difficult to believe anything you post.

Why do you guys support and defend people who break the rules and regualtions of government agenices and the FAA, you defend their actions, don't you understand that is one of the reasons the FEDS are going to come down hard on this hobby if it is not cleaned up.

No one in this particular thread has been defending this guy.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Shouldn't he at least ask permission? He is a professional photographer, right? Shouldn't he know the rules already?

Along with all the other - being a professional photographer WITH A DRONE - you'd think he would also be FAA Part 107?

Well Mr. Salty Dog it sure looked that way to me. No matter lets put this puppy to bed, okay with you?

I kind of agree but I am curious - can you point to any posts in this thread where anyone is defending him? I've just glanced through it again and didn't see one.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito