DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another bird attack,

I was shooting a beach run for an estate agency when the segulls got me!

I managed to get it back, limping home

Here is the resulting video

The gulls here in Northern California are vicious. So far they are the only birds to go after my DJI mini 3, but they are consistent in attacking it anytime the gulls are around. I have no problem believing that this is what was affecting your drone. Like you, when I see the gulls around, I put it into sport mode and get it home ASAP.

Whoa! I narrowly escaped something similar. There were several gulls chasing my Air and squawking like crazy. I got it back on the ground fast, without damage, but it wasn’t fun. It’s like they are aware of the drone noise first. Soon as I took off, and was about 10 feet up, they were on it. BTW, also in N California
I was shooting a beach run for an estate agency when the segulls got me!

I managed to get it back, limping home

Here is the resulting video

I had thus interesting encounter with a Peregrine Falcon a couple of weeks ago:

Yes fortunately the drone righted itself, the gimbal that had been knocked to face upwards (which was the reason for the blue sky) responded to rotating down again and I was able to land the drone with no evidence of ill effects or damage! Thanks for asking!

Reactions: frcaloy
Please see my thread post on this forum:

Birds trained to in-flight attack, disable, retrieve and deliver drones to its handler.​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard