DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You all hear about this?

Delivered yesterday. This thing is SO cool!

At least HALF of the fun of this forum is vicariously re-experiencing the thrill of people who just (or recently) got their Mavic Pro, it makes me feel it again, and again, and again!!!

The thing is way cool....

25aebe92e5bf49c94565d5dd58b14edd.jpg

and it isn't even my first quad!!!

I downloaded the Litchi app and i tried plugging in my phone via USB to the controller, but it doesn't want to connect - and I can't seem to find a long micro usb to micro usb cable that is long enough. I am doing something wrong? I want to try the VR experience.

I downloaded the Litchi app and i tried plugging in my phone via USB to the controller, but it doesn't want to connect - and I can't seem to find a long micro usb to micro usb cable that is long enough. I am doing something wrong? I want to try the VR experience.

It would be helpful if you could identify the type and model of phone you're using to see if others have had the same problem.

Makes sense. Using Samsung S7 Edge. Works fine when connected via small cable to the side of the remote ... no connection made when using USB on bottom.

Makes sense. Using Samsung S7 Edge. Works fine when connected via small cable to the side of the remote ... no connection made when using USB on bottom.
First thing I would try is a new, decent quality USB to micro USB cable. If it works with the short cable, it should work with a longer one.

The short cable plugs into the side. It seems to be a micro to micro. But the bottom one is micro to regular usb. I'm plugging into different ports on the controller. The bottom one (USB) doesn't seem to connect.

Last edited:
The short cable plugs into the side. It seems to be a micro to micro. But the bottom one is micro to regular usb. I'm plugging into different ports on the controller. The bottom one (USB) doesn't seem to connect.

That is correct, you'll need to connect a standard USB to the larger port on the bottom of the remote (port 9 in the Mavic manual) and then the micro USB end to your phone and, obviously, it will need to be a bit longer. You are correct, as well, that the short cable is only micro USB at both ends.

The cable you need should look like this at each end:

10u2-031xx_01.jpg

Right, and when I do, it doesn't connect - drone not connected to feed.
That would lead me right back to thinking that it sounds like your USB to USB Micro cable is likely bad and to try a replacement if you have one, or run (or walk/drive) to your nearest tech retail source and get another, but again, get a reputable brand and that it is USB 3.1 type C certified.

That would lead me right back to thinking that it sounds like your USB to USB Micro cable is likely bad and to try a replacement if you have one, or run (or walk/drive) to your nearest tech retail source and get another, but again, get a reputable brand and that it is USB 3.1 type C certified.

I'll give that a shot ... thank you for your advice.

I had the same issue using my note 4. I checked the wire but noticed the phone charges when contected to the controller. Then I thought I was using a charge only cable. But when opening the litchi app it states you cannot have any DJI app concurrently running. You need to force stop the DJI app. In addition you need to remove the DJI app as the default when connecting the controller. After doing this I was able to run the litchi app. Good luck.

I actually uninstalled the DJI app and only have Litchi installed. The cable I have works fine when connecting electronics to chargers or computers ... what I am not sure about, is if it is USB 3.1 - its older so I have a feeling it is not.

I actually uninstalled the DJI app and only have Litchi installed. The cable I have works fine when connecting electronics to chargers or computers ... what I am not sure about, is if it is USB 3.1 - its older so I have a feeling it is not.
You do have intentions of re-installing the DJI Go App? I hope?

You do have intentions of re-installing the DJI Go App? I hope?

I do, for updates and whatnot. I am concerned about the two interacting with each other and causing an issue.

You have to fully remove the cable from the side if you want to use the bottom usb socket.
Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This seems like an obvious thing I should have done but may not have. I will try again with all these suggestions and report back in case someone runs into the same issue. Whether they find it in this thread is a different issue.

Make sure the short cable is unplugged. It won't use the bottom USB port if a cable is plugged into the micro USB port on the side, even if no device is connected to it.

I got it to work. I think it was because the short cable was plugged in during previous attempts. VR flying is pretty awesome. I did manage to crash the Mavic into my house though.... still works, but did scuff it a little.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan