DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You can now fly your DJI drone using the Google airmaps app

And for those who are paranoid, they can fly knowing Google isn't involved.

I agree totally @Mr. Salty .
If I am not doing anything wrong I really don't care. Go back a few years to NSA, this IS the digital age. Multiple cameras on street corners, facial recognition, your car's electronics.

IF I am doing something wrong, bet your sweet bippie I ain't blabbing about doing it in a public forum.

I don't think DJI shows flight restrictions on their map. I know they have no fly zones, but to my knowledge you can't see when you are about to enter a different airspace.

I'm personally not going to use this because I usually know the landscape and can tell when I am approaching different airspace, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Actually l had a no fly come up on a map. I was 20 km. From an airport , in China no less, right on the edge of a no fly (I found out ), Saw lots of things for the 1st. time. Maps, warnings, and a restriction say lcould only go up to 20 metres high l think, cuz RTH might stray into the no fly. Weird. And for sure the no fly corridors were on the map.

Just installed it here in Norway. Comes up with norwegian rules about droneflying so i would think its to good use outside US. Gonna go on a trip and try it out shortly :)
Please let us know. Thanks. Tak!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J