DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You can survive water damage...

Louis Rossman thinks it's a myth.

Considering he does board level repairs I think he may have a better insight into the matter. Rice doesn't get rid of corrosion.

Quite frankly I'd be too scared to fly a water damaged drone.
Of course the rice does not get rid of corrosion, so if your Mavic goes into salty water then you must rinse it thoroughly in warm/hot water asap to get the salt out which causes corrosion first. Make sure that its raw rice too! It does work if you do it properly and quickly!

Reactions: Rogat19
You are absolutely right. Forgive me for stating what has and hasn’t worked for me. Those videos he has shown proves to be the absolute authority in the matter. I’ll never use rice again after watching them. A shame I’ve wasted so much food over my lifetime.
I feel horrible that the OP managed to make it work for himself and get back flying. Someone please tell the OP that rice doesnt work.
I suppose now that I’ve seen the light, I will begin to send off all my water logged electronics to the companies that know what they are doing and pay the premium price. After all, these birds are not cheap.
Thank you guys/gals for pointing me in the right direction.
Every day before I go outside, I snap my fingers 3 times, do two claps of my hands, and and flip the lights on and off 7 times to prevent me from going blind. I haven't gone blind, so it works!

[/QUOTE]
Every day before I go outside, I snap my fingers 3 times, do two claps of my hands, and and flip the lights on and off 7 times to prevent me from going blind. I haven't gone blind, so it works!

What happens on the days you don’t do all that? Do you go blind? Probably not. So that must mean there are two methods to not going blind!
Thank you for proving my point that there is more than one way of getting results. This was a simple OP and folks here have taken this waaaayyyyy out of context. This forum is built upon discussions such as this one. Healthy dialogue is vital so that other members may come to their own conclusion as to what may/may not work.

We are not the Lannisters nor the Starks. Let’s give some good information and not try to discredit everything.

P.S. my wife wants rice for dinner. Anyone who can’t laugh at that needs some help.

Another tip: get a spray bottle full of rubbing alcohol and spray the drone liberally. It helps drive water off the components.

Reactions: gyrex and Rogat19
Thank you for proving my point that there is more than one way of getting results.
So based off this statement you really believe that snapping my fingers, clapping etc. actually provided results? Interesting.

Healthy dialogue is vital so that other members may come to their own conclusion as to what may/may not work.
Let’s give some good information and not try to discredit everything.
So you are saying that "healthy discussion" is only "healthy discussion" when people agree with you. Again, interesting.

So based off this statement you really believe that snapping my fingers, clapping etc. actually provided results? Interesting.

So you are saying that "healthy discussion" is only "healthy discussion" when people agree with you. Again, interesting.

You must have a hard on for trolling this particular topic. Again, I could really care less what your fingers do or don’t do for you.
And perhaps you should learn to read a wee bit better than you do mate. I used an analogy and you missed the sarcasm.
Good job Sheldon, you’re 0 for 1.

Reactions: Rogat19
You must have a hard on for trolling this particular topic. Again, I could really care less what your fingers do or don’t do for you.
And perhaps you should learn to read a wee bit better than you do mate. I used an analogy and you missed the sarcasm.
Good job Sheldon, you’re 0 for 1.
It was sacasm based on sarcasm based on sarcasm. Guess you couldn't keep up. Sorry about that.

Because healthy discussion is only healthy when it's something you agree with. So yep, absolutely right!

You must be young if you do not understand what a Healthy Discussuon is defined as. I’ll do you a favor, you can google it.
If you and I cannot converse about opposing opinions regarding a particular topic in a healthy adult manner then no, that would not be a healthy discussion.
You don’t know me, nor I you. We have discussed several methods to deal with a problem. Some from personal experience, some are not. Does that make either of use wrong or right? That’s a healthy discussion, one which we are having still.

Jack Daw noted using rubbing alcohol to help clean and start the drying process. My understanding is that rubbing alcohol is isopropyl alcohol in water. Uncertain of the ratio. So other methods must be used to complete the process, such as warm air blow etc.
Anyone tried WD-40 on electronics? The WD stands for "water displacer". There could be material sensitivity or compatibility issues, but? Another would be to flush the unit with electronics contact cleaner. They are hydrophilic, have a high vapor pressure and are intended to be compatible with common plastics used by electronics manufactures.

One more product that might be useful is automotive ignition system dryer. Intended to be compatible with those plastics found in ignition systems and the associated electronics. They advertise that they leave a hydrophobic residue with a very high dialectic constant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21