DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You want me to take a quiz. Okay. So let me take it already!

It appears to be device sensitive, at least on iOS devices for me. When I initially used my iPhone X, I had to take the quiz and again on the first use of my iPad Mini 4. My CrystalSky will arrive on the 26th (USPS SUCKS and lost it for 2 days, so late Christmas for me) I will see if I have to take it one more time...............
Received my CrystalSky and I was NOT prompted to take the quiz on this device! So it must be account related rather than device related. Possibly If I would have synchronized in the DJI Go 4 application prior to switching from the iPhone X to the iPad Mini 4 that may have confirmed my first passed quiz in my account.

There's some reports of the app repeatedly presenting the quiz every time you fly no matter that you pass each time. Apparently logging out and back in solves this problem. I didn't have to do this, but I'm done with the updates from here on in and am actively researching how to get back to .700.

Search for Digdat0 on you tube, he will show you how to get to any firmware level for the Mavic.
I am still on .400 for the AC, 4.0.05 for the app, everything is as it was when I opened up my Flymore over a year ago, never updated anything, and not a hiccup, not a test, nuthin, just good solid flights without the "hobbling" featurettes they offer, like boomerang, asteroids whatever.

When I check/power up the bird out at home (with the props off!), my wifi is off, my tablet is turned off for auto updates, and I decide when/if my Mavic talks to "the homeland"......

Search for Digdat0 on you tube, he will show you how to get to any firmware level for the Mavic.
I am still on .400 for the AC, 4.0.05 for the app, everything is as it was when I opened up my Flymore over a year ago, never updated anything, and not a hiccup, not a test, nuthin, just good solid flights without the "hobbling" featurettes they offer, like boomerang, asteroids whatever.

When I check/power up the bird out at home (with the props off!), my wifi is off, my tablet is turned off for auto updates, and I decide when/if my Mavic talks to "the homeland"......

I agree 100%. I use app version 4.0.8. Other than that, I've been on FW 700 since day one and have not had to take a single test, or have been surprised in the field like this poor guy!

Perfect example of if you have a very happy Mavic, leave it the **** alone.This includes the App, and the controller.
So, you need that little boomerang flight mode, you think? Don't forget the spiral/asteroids whatever flight mode.
All in exchange for allowing us (DJI) to hobble your machine for you.
Forget about actually learning to fly that particular pattern yourself. Just push a button.
Oh yeah, you can also push a button on the NFZ's. Altitude limits, Gimbal issues, distance restrictions, and lest we not forget "The Quiz"!!!

"I don't think so, Tim"......
Period......
My setup is a happy 5 squared.......

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Perfect example of if you have a very happy Mavic, leave it the **** alone.This includes the App, and the controller.
So, you need that little boomerang flight mode, you think? Don't forget the spiral/asteroids whatever flight mode.
All in exchange for allowing us (DJI) to hobble your machine for you.
Forget about actually learning to fly that particular pattern yourself. Just push a button.
Oh yeah, you can also push a button on the NFZ's. Altitude limits, Gimbal issues, distance restrictions, and lest we not forget "The Quiz"!!!

"I don't think so, Tim"......
Period......
My setup is a happy 5 squared.......

Bingo.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem