DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You want me to take a quiz. Okay. So let me take it already!

The first time the quiz popped up it was a minor eye-rolling annoyance, but when because of a glitch it pops up every time you launch the Go app, it becomes a hindrance to getting the Mavic off the ground quickly. Even knowing the answers, it takes awhile to click through all the screens.
Is it a glitch or does the thing keep popping up until you get an acceptable score????? Only the Shadow knows.

Quiz crashed on me halfway through. Then reappeared later at a pretty inconvenient time.

I’ve had to take it the last three times I flew and did not mis any answers. It is a stupid quiz!!

Alright, some say this is no "big deal" but thinking this is getting to be a PITA! I bought it to relax and try have fun but between the updates and now the "quiz", limited time to fly at the last moment is getting to be a joke. (Had a few minutes to fly, needed update, finished that then the quiz hit, closed it but came back on each battery I used till I "had to take it".) Easy enough quiz but really, "forced to take it" before I could fly??? Come on. . . . .

Anyway took the quiz, did the account cloud sync and hope that is the end of it. Not going to charge my batteries as then I will be "forced" to fly again within 10 days so I don't "waste a charge". Guess I'll find out if the quiz hits again after I the snow falls and I want to fly again. If it does, Mavic Pro for sale. . . . .Next drone would not be from DJI either. (Not that they would care)

(PS, "Grumpy old man" is what happens when I work the night shift :()

Reactions: fiftiesnut
The quiz uses 10 simple safety related questions to sanity check the potential operator of the drone. It's a minor inconvenience at worst. I will say, however, that if you can't past the test then perhaps you should do some reading on the FAA website and plethora of other sources available and learn the basic safety issues involved with operation of your aircraft. It might save you and perhaps someone else some trouble if things go awry.

I fly with using an iPad Mini 4 WiFi only. I've been out of the USA, but am just returning and will encounter the quiz early next week.

Question - If I am in the field away from WiFi, and since the Mini 4 does not have a cellular modem, will I be able to take and complete the quiz in the field?

That is, do I need to be on the Internet to complete the quiz? With my configuration, I am not on the Internet when I am in the field.

When cranking up my Mavic Pro, I see now that DJI is wanting its US users to take a 'quiz' prior to their taking flight. I believe it affords you four times to bypass it until I guess you have to take it. Well, each time I go to take the quiz, the page then simply hangs. Nothing comes up. I wait. And I wait. And then I wait some more. Nothing.

This has happened on the last three days attempts. So DJI, if you're listening, if you want folks to take your quiz, let 'em take it already!!!!

Anyone else run into this?
I got the message, too. I waited until I was home and then put the drone outdoors but where there was a good wifi signal. I powered up the drone but did not take off. I then connected the RC and it let me go through the "quiz" very quickly and the matter disappeared.

took quiz within one day of it first showing up (ignoring it twice), missed one, haven't seen it since.
G04 app is glitchy last flight, keeps dropping when i try and edit video, iPhone at fault?

When cranking up my Mavic Pro, I see now that DJI is wanting its US users to take a 'quiz' prior to their taking flight. I believe it affords you four times to bypass it until I guess you have to take it. Well, each time I go to take the quiz, the page then simply hangs. Nothing comes up. I wait. And I wait. And then I wait some more. Nothing.

This has happened on the last three days attempts. So DJI, if you're listening, if you want folks to take your quiz, let 'em take it already!!!!
limit,
So let me see if I have this right. DJI builds a craft that will exceed our 400 foot limit, will fly waaaaaaay beyond LOS and will do both in in the dark then they ask us if we can pass a test? What am I missing???

I've been grounded for about a month due to health and work...
I updated the Mavic and Goggles today and got to take the quiz every time I powered up.
I tried the log-out / log-in trick suggested above, but kept getting the quiz.
I was about to just resign myself to answering the **** thing at every power up when I realized that I had the DJI Go app on my iPhone for flying the I1 and using the Osmo.
I logged out of both apps and logged back in, and now there are no more tests.
I hope! ;)
At least I know the answers well enough to fire through them without even reading the questions anymore... :p

Nope. Stopped updating Go 4 app at v4.0.8. Couldn't be happier. I suggest rolling back to that version.

So what happens when somebody flunks, are they banned from flying their 1000.00 drone.
it puts you in flunky mode which is 1/5th the speed of beginner mode with a 3 feet flying radius.;)

took quiz within one day of it first showing up (ignoring it twice), missed one, haven't seen it since.
G04 app is glitchy last flight, keeps dropping when i try and edit video, iPhone at fault?

iPhone 7plus 11.2 iOS Go 4 app crashes every 15 sec when trying to edit vids. Call DJI and they said they were not aware of any issues, LIKE I DID NOT JUST TELL THEM ABOUT THE ISSUE. I dumped the app and reinstalled same issue.

Surprised that the quiz is still around. I haven't seen it for a few weeks. And I have no problems iOS 11.2 on my iPhone 6 or Mini 4 and GO4 4.1.18.

Is there a way to take the quiz on demand, esp if can be done on pc via dji account? When it popped up a couple times, I was registering the mavic and testing it. I have a mini 4 dedicated device I keep offline, but don't want it popping up when I'm without internet access to take it.

It appears to be device sensitive, at least on iOS devices for me. When I initially used my iPhone X, I had to take the quiz and again on the first use of my iPad Mini 4. My CrystalSky will arrive on the 26th (USPS SUCKS and lost it for 2 days, so late Christmas for me) I will see if I have to take it one more time...............

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian