DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your experience with the Mavic Air 2

Did you guys have to pair your RC to your Air two before you could fly? I had to.

Did you guys have to pair your RC to your Air two before you could fly? I had to.

Yes, I had to as well. From reading here, doesn't seem like most did though. One note for people who have to do this...the app says to hold the power button on the bottom of the drone for 4 seconds...that is obviously the battery button that is on top of the drone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
a16f711bd222a644ff12b0aa0fc3ed12.jpg

I’m quite happy with mine

Remember that it’s getting its speed from gps, over the ground, not airspeed though a pitot system. When it’s speed is decreased, more angle and power is out in to counter this. So yes it could only loose half kt for every kt of wind. I’m not confirming or denying his results, as I haven’t tested this, but it is possible, and not rocket science
As someone who has flown with long range navigation for a very long time and navigated by time and distance for much longer ..I can tell you that one mile of head wind will cost you one mile of Ground Speed. I'm pretty sure that even Wilbur and Orville would tell you that.

• Wow
Reactions: kidroc and z28lt1
Looking at the manual..it mentions something about a course lock. I think it's involved with the the Hperlapse

Looking at the manual..it mentions something about a course lock. I think it's involved with the the Hperlapse

I saw that. My Mavic Pro didn't have Hyperlapse but my understanding is that it isn't smooth like a video, but is more like a series of photos.

Isn’t timed shot (timelapse) + motion (course lock) the definition of hyperlapse? :)
Correct, but the final Hyperlapse provided by DJI through the FLY app does not give you access to individual pictures. Also, if I could course lock and timed shot, I could get higher res shots at shorter intervals which would make smoother film.

Correct, but the final Hyperlapse provided by DJI through the FLY app does not give you access to individual pictures. Also, if I could course lock and timed shot, I could get higher res shots at shorter intervals which would make smoother film.

Fair enough. FWIW, you can get the individual RAW images for hyperlapse but just for 1080p. Hopefully we’ll get a decent 4K mode for hyperlapses with RAW images and a decent interval, not the useless 6s minimum of the 8K mode....

Reactions: itsneedtokno
As someone who has flown with long range navigation for a very long time and navigated by time and distance for much longer ..I can tell you that one mile of head wind will cost you one mile of Ground Speed. I'm pretty sure that even Wilbur and Orville would tell you that.
Yes, I’ve also been a commercial pilot And instructor for 30 odd years, but that has no bearing here.
You are confusing a flight with a constant power setting and a flight that will change power.
If you are flying into a head wind with no power change, then certainly, your airspeed will stay same and ground speed will reduce by the amount of headwind.
But....if you suddenly fly into a 10kt headwind, and you increase your power, hence your airspeed, you may not get a reduction in ground speed.
Like I said, the Mavic has no idea of its airspeed, it has no system to calculate this. It is measuring ground speed via gps. If it feels it is slowing down, it will increase its speed to overcome this.
2 very different systems that you are mistakenly comparing. Stop and think about it for a minute.
How is the drone able to hover when variable strength wind is blowing it?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki