DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your experience with the Mavic Air 2

I had my first flights yesterday and they were...amazing! The MA2 is my first drone and I was concerned about how challenging it would be to control it. I discovered that the MA2 is both powerful and responsive and MUCH easier to control than I expected. I was able to try several of the modes, including the Quickshots.

Everything worked well except Asteroid. I couldn’t set the altitude and, while it rose to my the overall max altitude i had set, it didn’t take the multiple photos, etc. or return to the starting point. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I’m looking forward to some DJI Fly updates, like gimbal settings, waypoints outside of the one in hyperlapse (fingers crossed), and shutter/iso settings for video.

Waiting for better weather to go out again!

Set a higher max altitude for asteroid to work. As for manual video settings for shutter and iso, we already have this. Just not in HDR i think.

"Like the Mini, it's too light to efficiently make headway into the wind " - I think not. "weight" has nothing to do with 'making headway into the wind". It will travel at the same air speed regardless of wind - head, tail or none - air speed remains the same.

What is it about ..flying in a parcel of air is flying in a parcel of air.. that some people don't understand. A hot air balloon could be traveling across the ground at sixty knots.(yikes) but it's flags would be hanging straight down. apply that thought when considering if your drone can defeat a headwind.

Took mine out today for first time(total newbie) Bit of a breeze here in the North east today so did some manual take offs/landings and took it out to 3000ft and 250ft up and tried RTH. Came back and landed dead centre of mat. Tried this 4 times from different heights/distance and always spot on(impressed) Took my first ever drone photo from approx 200ft. Really enjoyed,going to take some video tomorrow. A lot quieter than i was expecting.Procters Birdseye View 200ft 2.jpegLoving my first done!

Wow! You really are a master of the skys.... Still I do not care. I will follow the folks who show it in real time on youtube.
As you so adroitly pointed out, everyone's individual results will vary, depending upon how they fly, and the environment in which they fly, and their prior frame of reference . Expecting the same results shown on YT by others, when you are not flying in the exact same manner, in their location, under identical conditions, with similar skill, will be equally problematic. Only by flying one yourself can you determine if it truly meets your individual needs and expectations. Ultimately, that is all that really matters! Based upon your enthusiasm, I'm sure you'll be happy. It's a great value. Get one and join the party! :cool:Thumbswayup

Mine arrived yesterday and I just had time for a quick checkout flight. I have the original Mavic Air and my initial impressions are subjective and colored by “the newness”, but it operated & flew great, nice handling, 60fps 4K video looks fantastic, even my wife noted a difference (but she wants to know why I’m not planning to sell my old drone). Here’s one of the “48MP” shots I took, looks to me much better than photos I’ve taken with the original MA. Stormy weather today but hope to get in some real checkout time this weekend.

Attachments

• 46389009-5326-4E38-B8CA-3DDEFFDEABEE.jpeg
    46389009-5326-4E38-B8CA-3DDEFFDEABEE.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: Rchawks and pd64
Concur with all of your observations. Thumbswayup

Remote ID is on by default, already broadcasting. If you prefer some privacy, toggle it off before every flight, as it is not a sticky setting. It resets back to ON at every battery change.
Thank you for that!

I did notice that it was turned on, however, when I looked deeper, I noticed that "Identification" and "Flight Information" still remains blank. I think sometime down the road when things become more "official", we will probably be given official numbers that we would have to enter or something?

Or is it a case where my aircraft is CURRENTLY actually transmitting data for anyone that knows about Remote ID to actually look up for flight and owner information?

I've typically been leaving the 16 on for most flights. I did put on the 64 for a flight. I'm new to this so I'm more playing with it to see the different results (reason I'm getting in to this, it's fun to experiment and fly!).

This is my first big-boy drone, I've had cheaper drones but nothing with the abilities that this has so I'm super excited for what the MA2 has provided me here.
what's the lowest shutter speed you can set on a average sunny day with the nd16 and 64?

My first real drone was a Mavic Mini. Amazing device that I will keep so I can fly in Canada.
Hi there, just wanted to point out you need a Canadian RPAS (pilot) certificate to fly in Canada, currently that requires you are a Canadian citizen and pass an exam. In the past as a visitor you could apply for a SFOC, even that was rescinded a little while back. Our government effectively crushed drone tourism with that move. Hope it changes in the future, but you risk nasty consequences if you get caught. As a Canadian, I must say "sorry" about this.;)

• Haha
Reactions: geneg
I am more than qualified to answer the performance question.
My comparisons are in the same environment over four years with the P3P, P4, P4P, MP, M2P, M2Z, MA, and now the MA2.
If you don't like my results, then I suggest you perform your own tests to satisfy yourself.

View attachment 101396
Me too Bro!!!!! a whole lot of the hours and flights have been deleted too.;)

Attachments

• kidd.jpg
    kidd.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 40
What a joy to fly!

Mine arrived yesterday. Had a great experience ordering from DJI. Zero snafus in the ordering process, and was delivered on time, exactly as promised.

As a child, I first started with a gas airplane, tethered by string to you, while it flew around in circles. I remember the glow plugs, smell of that fuel, and sticking your finger in the prop to start it. Then all the toys along the way over the years. But this MA2 is truly amazing. So easy to fly, and every kind of feature you can think of. Photos are breathtaking. Can't wait to get back out on the road touring with this. Doesn't take up much room on my motorcycle so it will be with me when I find new opportunities to use it.

Come on now you know you've flown one, what did ya think?
With all honesty, I can sell my entire DJI collection and keep the MAVIC AIR 2 AND BE HAPPY with that...I like it a lot and the main reason is because everything works flawless even the Air Sense function ....

Reactions: Rchawks
Excellent, drone. I am still
Fighting for my favorite video exposure, and starting to trust the GoFly Ap. (Not a fan) great range 15k plus with solid FPV. I don’t use the fancy flight modes, and have not done a tracking test. Flown both the EVO2 and the MA2 both drones are fun and have different personalities. Just depends on what you prefer.

DJI Fly AP biggest headache is the battery indicator in white blending in with light colored horizons. I absolutely hate this! I can’t see the indicator at all!! ?

Reactions: Tweeter
Got mine yesterday. Charged the batteries, updated the firmware, and took it to the park to make sure it would fly. It flies great! Better tuned than the Mavic Pro - buttery smooth. The video quality is outstanding. DJI has another hit on their hands.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu