DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your favourite accessories on MP??

Masa

Reactions
Hi. I bought me a MP last year and have been buying just about all the accessories and gimmicks there are to the Mavic Pro. They are so cheap on ALIexp** that compared to the over 1000€ Drone (I paid 1400€ for the fly more)that in my opinion it's all the same if a 2€ plastic bit stays in regular use or goes straight in the trash.

So let's say I've bought almost them all from legs to leds and stickers to joystick knobs. My question is to all of you, what accessories do you find ridiculous and what items that you would not fly without/give up for any reason? Is it the extended legs? Is it the sunshade for your screen? Or perhaps propeller cages or propeller guards if you fly inside big halls or exhibition centres. The low noise propellers? Maybe just the tablet racket/holder that allows you to fly with a 12" screen?

I've noticed for example that because I use always a landing pad, I have no more need for the heightened legs. I love the landing pad also because no dust, sand or other small particles gets sucked in the engines or air intake holes during takeoff and landing.

Also after I bought Firehouse strobes(white) I fly much more confident because i see the drone however far it may be. I cannot see the drone 3Km (2miles) away, but as I see the strobe, i have full VLOS to where it is. I would NOT EVER take the strobe away.

Next in line (next fall) I will order and test the led propellers, figure it would be fun to fly without a screen, only controller on a big field to practice and practice the controls of the Drone so it would slowly be automated in my spine how to control the drones movements without shooting footage but to see only the drone and its behaviour and speed when in (super)sport mode, how in cinematic, how in GPS-mode and so on.

Sorry for the long opening but the accessories are in my opinion quite a piece of this hobby, if you consider it a day-to-day hobby like it is for me, after i broke my back(spine) permanently. Thanks for reading til' the end. PEACE.

-----Long story short, favourite accessories and why?----1523852023025.jpg
1523852037162.jpg
1523852074020.jpg
1523852105248.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say the only thing you really need are leg extensions. There are many places where the props will hit otherwise. DJI really should have included these with every Pro sold.

The only other item I'd highly recommend are the Platinum props. They really do cut the noise, mostly by lowering the pitch of the sound. Lastly, if you have multiple batteries, I'd recommend the 3 battery blue charger.

While you can do without them, a good set of filters is nice to have but not a huge necessity. After that, things become fluff.

Platinum props, a neck-strap and the one-piece gimbal lock/cover are my must haves.
I don't understand why anyone would want leg extensions. My Mavic has never taken off from or landed on the ground. Why bother when hand launch and catch is so easy?

As mentioned before:
1. Strobon or Firehouse strobes, secured with 3M Dual Lock fasteners.
2. Marco Polo or Trackimo for finding a lost aircraft.
3. 1-piece gimbal lock/cover.
4. Leg extensions (I do not hand launch/catch).
And...
5. iPad Mini 4 w/cellular modem.

Up. Anything new bought for the Mavic PRO for the coming summer?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas